Educational Class On Sex

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Amature, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Amature

Gold Member

Sometimes I wish there were educational classes on sex. Not sex-ed mind you like we had in high school, but more like classes to teach sexual performance and technique, where you could be honestly graded. I think sometimes a male will tell a female how great she is in bed, or vice-verse, when actually it isn't all that great. When you love someone, I don't think anyone intentionally hurts the others feelings, especially when it comes to sex. Sometimes, even a little suggestion can be fragile to an ego. For instance, my wife is always telling me how good I am, how I please her so much and the like. And I'm just a little bit skeptical. I know she is most likely over exaggerating just a little. OK, probably a lot. But wouldn't it give a person, both a male or female, a lot of sexual confidence if you knew you had a master degree in oral sex with a minor in intercourse? Or that you graduated 5th in your class of 50 from Indianapolis Cunnilingus Institute? I'm sure a degree from Doggy Style University would look great on a dating website profile. Every quarter getting a grade card from the teacher, an attractive member of the opposite sex grading you honestly should help ones confidence I would think. Unless you flunked of course. That might be kind of embarrassing or detrimental to your self-image. In the comments section, it could read "Although you have a very small penis, you more than make up for it with your finger manipulation and oral techniques. Your anal abilities are good, as well as your breast manipulating abilities. All in all, you have earned a B+ this semester. If you study hard and practice, I think next term you can pull your grades us to an A or A-".

Any thoughts or comments? Or am I just plain nuts?:confused:

CaramelLady and HotForHoney like this.
  2. John W

Gold Member

You make some really good points. We have been more open lately, telling our desires and even deep down fantasies that spouses usually don't tell one another (thinking about someone else while having sex, etc.). It has really opened up our sex life and I think it has improved greatly. I think communication is the key!

Amature likes this.
  3. Amature

Gold Member

Communication is very important John W. My wife and I talk and I ask what I could do to make sex better for her. She tells me nothing as I am great. The best she's ever had. And I'm thinking "really??? That doesn't say a Hell of a lot for the others" But then, if she told me I needed to learn the basics, that I was the lamest she had ever had, I'd be not only hurt, but pissed. I realize I can't have it both ways (honesty and flattery) but I really would like to know if my abilities are acceptable and how I rate as a man (truthfully).

4. igor

Gold Member

When I got married in the '60's I was really naive concerning sex. All I knew was that it involved putting part P into part V and eventually things were done. It took a number of years and reading various (scarce) publications before either of us learned that she could have an orgasm too - imagine that !!!!

Amature and HotForHoney like this.
  5. John W

Gold Member

Amature, if she is telling you it is the best she has ever had and you have given her every opportunity to critique, then believe her. Keep researching and try new things to surprise her. Mrs. W hasn't been with anyone else, so there isn't anyone to compare. However, I'm still trying new things to keep things fresh. Some work, others not so much, but we have been having fun "researching" for many years.

Amature likes this.
  6. BlueCollar

Gold Member

I've been told I should teach a class on how to go down on a woman. But then again, you can't teach talent. Jus sayin...

CaramelLady, HotForHoney and Amature like this.
  7. JonJo

Gold Member

In a way I was lucky in this respect because I did have actual 'educational classes on sex' and all its differing aspects; 'mechanics' and 'techniques':
    As a 19 year old student I was 'seduced' (didn't take much doing) by a 39 year old lecturer and spent many happy hours, over several weeks, being 'introduced' to true sex, as against the previous inexperienced fumblings with equally inexperienced partners, from which I learnt nothing.
    After this several other equally old (in my eyes) female tutors showed 'interest' and again, after my previous happy experiences, I willingly succumbed and again was taught and learnt more of sex - how each partner's 'needs' can vary from others and can vary from encounter to encounter with the same partner; how to recognise this and 'adjust' accordingly.
    One of the important aspects of this was not only the 'mechanics' but their mature openness as to what I was doing right but even more importantly what I was doing wrong and how to correct it.
    They 'graded' and 'gave extra tuition' as and when it was required and as that added to my enjoyment of the experience I gladly accepted it.
    Obviously honestly and openly, none derogatorily, talking and been shown about things was the basis of this.

There is more to this saga but too much to go into in detail here - sufficient to say that in later years when I returned as a mature (?) man to the faculty and chatted to them in a group as friends I found out that my 'progress' had been discussed between them and that I had been 'passed on' to each, in line with their 'speciality'.
    At first I was shocked by this but then realising what I had gained I was glad it had happened.

What they got out of it I don't know, or honestly don't really care, but I got a great deal from it and thank those women in all my subsequent encounters, as I think my partners might have cause to.

The enduring and now most obvious aspects of all this is - be open, be honest and discuss without accusation, rancour or blame your/their short comings (no pun); learn to accept 'tuition' from those who want to 'teach', without feeling insecure or belittled, it can only be for your 'betterment' and mutual benefit..
    There is so much to learn about such a complex and constantly changing subject; 'success' at and mutual satisfaction from which can depend on so many constantly changing variables - mood, lead-up, attitude, ambience, even time of the month, etc., etc.., - that when somebody wants to 'teach' welcome their tuition, because you have nothing to lose, you can only gain.

Some so called uncivilised cultures do 'tutor' their young men and women, in all aspects of sex when they reach puberty, by knowledgeable members of their tribe, this does not go as far as the actual act (usually) so cannot be construed as paedophilia but it is much better than the 'text book' teaching that our young receive.

Amature and CaramelLady like this.
  8. Amature

Gold Member

That is pretty much what I was talking about Jonjo. Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts.

9. ginger

Gold Member

if there a practicial class........... where do I sign :D

worthy79 likes this.
  10. worthy79

Gold Member

I think it's called the internet nowadays...there is some crazy @&$! out there. :)

And BlueCollar...a claim such as that requires proof. References and such.

CaramelLady likes this.
  11. ginger

Gold Member

For BlueCollar to prove his claims requires as Worthy79 suggests "proof. References and such" well Im willing to be defeated.....so Worthy79, HFH, CaramelLady please step up as we are in need of participants :D