Early Set-Up Mood Phrases

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Logger, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Logger

Gold Member

I missed a chance to mention a time I had in mind for intimacy to my wife. She was going to run errands, and would be back in about an hour. I could have mentioned, as she was leaving, that when she got back, that it would be nice to have some fun.

Set-up phrases do not always produce big results, but sometimes it helps to set the mood. I sometimes think it would have been nice if my wife had been more in the mood, but I see that I could do better at setting up for the Mood.

I thought I might have discussed this concept earlier, and I searched for "Times" and "Phrases" but I did not get any search results.

I have sometimes used early set-up mood phrases, mentioning it would be nice to have fun when my wife got back from doing something, then I was pre-occupied at the appointed time, and I noticed that my wife had seemed to be in a receptive mood, and I had let the time of opportunity go by!

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I assume that in this context, "have some fun" is a euphemism for having sex. Why do you feel the need to use euphemisms? Also, why on earth do you feel that compliments, sex, etc., have to be so rehearsed and planned? I've always felt that love-making sessions are much better when they are spontaneous. Nothing kills the mood faster than one partner mentioning in a completely matter-of-fact way: "So, I was thinking that maybe the two of us could make love later on."

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm with Puss on this. Logger, it just seems so robotic to try to think of "lines" in advance and use them on your SO.

4. random9899

random9899 New Member

if anything, don't use words...build up the mood you want through actions--that way you don't have to say it directly but you can still push things in the direction you want

5. BassDude

BassDude New Member

PIB...totally agreed BUT...when you have a busy family life (kids, for instance!), sometimes you have to plan (or at least, express the desire for) love-making sessions or they just don't happen!

BD