dumb question

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Barbiegirl, Dec 26, 2007.

1. Barbiegirl

Barbiegirl New Member

ok so like this is kinda dumb but im bored so ill ask lol
    ok so like me and my bf were like talking right n like i was being moody about somthing.. and i felt bad for being moodle.. and hes like its ok.. girls tend to think with emotion.. where boys tend to think with logic... and that kinda made me more moodly that he said that and then hes like see.. your more moody.. thats becasue your thinking with your emotions!

so i was just wondering if this is like true... like... i think i have common sense and logic.. and im pretty sure i use it and i think that maby i just GET emotional more then him and he think i am thinking that but im not im just acting it...

but ya is ther n e science people that know... like do boys and girls really think that way..

2. Barbiegirl

Barbiegirl New Member

o and since im asking questions and have way to much time on my hands ill ask another........

ok so like i like my bf i called him a couple nights ago right... and like.. like i love to talk lol so i was talking for like a long time and usually he just listens.. and so he is like ya.. uh hu... and like you know listening.. and then in the middle of the conversation i hear him talking to his friends on his ps3 head set... and i was like what was that and he was like nothing but i new cuz he always plays it.. and it turned out he had the phone in one ear.. and his ps3 head set in the other ear and he was playing his evil fighting game.......... also alot of times when i come over he wants me to play games.. which i guess is ok cuz i do like computer games but like not when im WITH him lol... and then sometimes i ask him to do stuff or somthing and sometimes his excuse is.., "i cant i have a clan battal tonight".. its like is that even a real excuse.. can u use that??

so i guess my question is... is like i know he likes me.. and hes super cute and all our friends think we are good couple and his parents really like me but like ............... is there any boys that do this to there g/fs on this forum and if there are why and do you think its right and dose that mean you like the games more then her?

3. p00shy

p00shy New Member

Boys and Girls do think differently, its just how god made us. but every so often you get flukes like, there are some guys that are really emotional and some girls that are really logical. everyone is just different.

and for your second question..

sometimes guys do that with the phone in one ear and something else in the other. Girls like to be listened too and guys do try to listen. but we can really multi-task well or so scientists say. Maybe you can test him somehow to see if he pays more attention to you or his ps3. as far as a clan BATTLE is concerned, i think that kind of a lame excuse. i used to play video games too and sometimes clan battles can be very important, you could consider it his hobby, but he shouldnt overuse it. maybe plan a bit so nothing interferes with your plans and his.

Whenever i talk to my GF on the phone when im playing my xbox360, i pause it or i just turn it off for a bit and do something else like grab a bite to eat or watch tv, something where my focus is more on her. then when we are done talking, i go back to playing. sometimes she comes over and plays xbox with me too. she even bought her own controller that pink LOL!.

:woohoo

4. kaffwahn

kaffwahn New Member

My BF is the most loving and patient man I have ever had the pleasure of knowing - but I have had him ignore me because he was too engrossed in a game. It doesn't mean he cares more for the game than for me, just that he's more interested in the game at that moment.

5. Barbiegirl

Barbiegirl New Member

but wut if he dose it every time

6. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Holy Mother of God!

'Wut' is NOT a word!

Please don't type like you text on your phone. It makes my eyes bleed.

7. Barbiegirl

Barbiegirl New Member

wow u guys r so old and immature

you know what i mean

grow up... irony for you

sad but seriously grow up

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

No, women don't feel different, or more intense, emotions than men do, but due to societal conditioning, it's far more permissible for women to express emotion (though, conversely, it's more acceptable for men to express anger). Our brains do process information differently, and hormones play an important role in emotional response, but fundamentally we're more alike than different.

That women have "heart" and men have "logic" is a sexist fallacy... One of our greatest scientists, Albert Einstein, was also known for the depth of his compassion and concern for others. One of our greatest philosophers (though I don't believe she considered herself one), the inspiration behind the Objectivism school of philosophy, and an ardent proponent of rational self-interest, was a woman named Ayn Rand. We have male poets, authors, painters and counselors, and female scientists, mathematicians, executives and accountants (interestingly, when math is taught in a way that's geared towards how the female brain processes information, women excel just as often as men do in mastering mathematical concepts).

There are loving, nurturing fathers and indifferent, self-absorbed mothers. Neither gender has a monopoly on emotion or logic. Chauvinistic supporters of patriarchy bred the idea that women are emotionally weaker and less resilient, while men are stolid creatures who are governed by their heads, ages and ages ago, and these stereotypes have been passed down from generation to generation ever since. These messages are still somewhat pervasive in our society (obviously). Fortunately, there are a lot of smart, enlightened people around nowadays who don't buy into the BS ;) Watch out for the ones who want to perpetuate the BS (that's how you can spot a chauvinist--they're far too eager to mindlessly embrace the stereotypes).

Interestingly enough, one study found that men actually suffer more, emotionally, following a break-up...another study showed men to be more marriage-minded than women. *shrugs* Fact is, it's been scientifically proven that on an emotional level, there are no differences. My parents didn't encourage, nor did they discourage, gender stereotypes. My brother wanted a barbie, he got a barbie. I wanted matchbox cars, I got matchbox cars. Both of us had lightsabers and toy guns and baby dolls. We essentially played with all the same toys, and because that's what we naturally wanted to do.

9. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

i can haz cheezeburger now??

10. boringsafetyguy

boringsafetyguy New Member

Aargh, groooss. Those are two examples, but it seems like an unreal, idealized equality. Women in general seem to be feelers more than cold logicians, and men seem to be cold thinkers more than they are feelers. I don't think men want to be feelers as much as they want to abstract and pragmatize a situation. Emotion can be an outlet, rich, an essential part of spiritual fulfillment, but it's not a position that accounts for the neurotic male impulse to control. One can speak hypothetically but I would be shocked if anyone had male friends who didn't seem happier when they were thinking through a problem, and female friends who seemed instinctively prone to feel through their analysis of a situation.
    Of course not everybody fits this mold, but in general it seems undeniable (which has caused me a great deal of chagrin.)

(and I've known enough bonehead, weepy guys, and enough cold-hearted, iron-fisted ladies not to be trapped in any stereotype I might have picked up from bad art).

N snot neet dat bbgrl kud b a fak, butt like topk kn b takked bout anywa?

11. cook74

Gold Member

:rofl:rofl

Thanks Barbie, I haven't laughed that hard for a while.

12. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

mine too

13. Bluesy

Gold Member

Ahhhhh, yes, this from the man who previously stated that pretty women who won't flirt with him are "dull and stupid", and who recently slandered women as "snippy, intolerant prudes" for wanting to be treated "nicely/decently" during sex. Thanks, doll, for illustrating the point I'd made earlier in this thread ;)

#13 Bluesy, Jan 2, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  14. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

I just had to say it...LIKE NO WAY!!!!! :D

just messing with ya..