Dubstep

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Essene, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Essene

Gold Member

First Of The Year (Equinox) - Skrillex [OFFICIAL] - YouTube

This is a song by Skrillex. It's one of his newer ones. His older ones are pretty good as well. Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites and Cinema specifically.

There are other artists I enjoy such as Borgore, DOctor P, Crispy, etc... but none of them match the quality of Skrillex to me.

Also, the song and music video I linked here is phenomenal! I wish any one who is wrongfully victimized would have that same ability. I am glad that he is concerned with problems such as this and uses his music for greater social appeal and hopefully response.

Do any of you like dubstep? I just found out about it last year. I know both dubstep as ell as drum and bass (dnb) have both been popular in Europe for some time now. It's amazing! Most any song that is remixed to be dubstep is better after the remix. I say most because of songs like this:

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon [Cold Fusion Dubstep Remix] - YouTube.

But so long as songs like (Borgore) Borgore - Nympho - YouTube or (unknown) WOBBLEGIRL - This is how you dance to dubstep - YouTube.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Nobody should touch Frank Sinatra or any of the Rat Pack. -_-

3. igor

Gold Member

[BANANA]Do any of you like dubstep? I just found out about it last year. I know both dubstep as ell as drum and bass (dnb) have both been popular in Europe for some time now. It's amazing! Most any song that is remixed to be dubstep is better after the remix. I say most because of songs like this:

Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon [Cold Fusion Dubstep Remix] - YouTube.

I listened to maybe 45 seconds of that and shut it off. Maybe fine for the younger generation but for us old farts, I have to agree with Mitt - don't mess with Sinatra.

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

Yeah, I'm not even old, I'm the "younger generation" but I HIGHLY respect Sinatra and all of the other classic musicians. That just makes my heart bleed hearing what people do to their music.

5. Gearhead

Gold Member

That's like chopping and screwing johnny cash

6. Essene

Gold Member

I may be being misunderstood... I meant that most remixed dubstep songs are awesome EXCEPT (I wrote "Most any song that is remixed to be dubstep is better after the remix. I say most because of songs like this" meaning that the song wasn't good.)

Believe me, I like Johnny Cash, the Rat Pack, I like Fitzgerald, I even like the Andrews Sisters. But I do believe that there are proper ways to remix or cover any song. Even Johnny Cash covered a Nine Inch Needles song. I find it nifty. The Sinatra song I posted is utter garbage. I worded it oddly, so I understand if my words were misconstrued.

7. AGFUNK

Gold Member

My husband and I love skrillex. We are going to see him live at the end of september:)

8. Essene

Gold Member

Unfortunately, I waited too long and they're sold out here... However, I'm sure being around a plethora of MDMA-induced young adults isn't my cup of tea... I've already been slipped a molley in a normal club setting... I can only imagine what would happen there.

Yes, I'm rationalizing... Yes I am jealous.