Dreams

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by deepblueR32, May 4, 2007.

1. deepblueR32

deepblueR32 New Member

Hello All,

Ive just recently had an odd dream that raises some questions. Ive been married for 3 1/2 years, weve had our ups and downs but 2 nights ago I had this dream where an ex girlfriend from a long time ago came into my life trying to get me to be with her and we were having fun in our secret affair.

I love my wife however been a little bored lately. Is this just my mind running around keeping itself in shape if you will?

Thanks,

Mike:rockon

2. Pride

Pride New Member

Its just fantasy i wouldnt look too much into it...i mean fantasy are often with some people VERY weird like abnormal type weird....

but i wouldnt think much of it...the thing about it is that you have the ability to act on them or not

some people might fantasize about having sex in total public like on a train or bus....but it doesnt mean they are going to go out and do it...most times even if they could the people wouldnt actuanny WANT to do it or have the balls to

3. thegirl11

thegirl11 New Member

i think as long as it stays just a fantasy, you'll be okay. i mean I dream about girls sometimes, but does that make me really wan to try anything? not really...

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

If you love your wife, the answer is staring you right in the face each night and day...
    keep this as a fantasy.

Also maybe you and your wife should perhaps spice things up a little if you feel things are getting into a rut.

5. deepblueR32

deepblueR32 New Member

True, in front of my face. I guess I am trying to find the root of these dreams though. Why would this girl pop up in my dreams.... again. It happens every couple of months. This girl, I broke up with her over 6 years ago when I was 19. I then dated around for 2 years until I met my wife.

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

Dreams usually have more symbolic meaning than anything. If I dream about a certain ex of mine, I know it's because I'm feeling apprehensive about something that's happening, or about to happen, in my life. Maybe ask yourself why your mind would select that particular woman for your dream affair. Was there something unique about your relationship that you feel is lacking in your marriage? I occasionally dream about my high school sweetheart, and in my dreams I'm always pursuing him, I'm never able to touch or talk to him, something is always keeping us apart. It took a while, but I finally realized that he represents Mr. Right; he's as close to perfect as they come (to my mind, anyway). So whenever he pops up in my dreams, I know it's because on some level I'm feeling hopeless about my love life.

Hope that helped a bit. I also think Kronnie has an excellent point about spicing up your sex life, since that seems a likely reason for having dreams about extramarital affairs (!).

7. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

People assign way to much weight to the dreams that they have at night and there is no scientific evidence to suggest that there is any hidden meaning in them. Freud may have written on interpreting dream but it is a record of his observations, not scientific evidence.

What I will say if you are finding that you life with your wife is a bit boring then you need to find a way to improve it, make it more fun. Otherwise you find yourself in some trouble with her later.

8. Jessie

Jessie New Member

wise words

9. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Ive had a lot of sexual dreams in the past
    sometimes its the sub conscious mind nudging
    us.....

Maybe when we are in need of something, our
    memory brings on the dream state......

I had a very strong connection with a guy years
    ago and used to dream of him sexually.....

But never acted on it...

I probably would now though cos I need more
    sex....:)