Drawing nudes

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by CosmicEye, Apr 6, 2012.

1. CosmicEye

Gold Member

So today in art we drew a nude guy. First of all the class drew another male model on tuesday which I heard not so great reviews about. This one guy said every now and then he would get a wiff of vinegar and cheese from him :lol:lol. Thankfully I missed class because I was "sick" but we did another guy today.

It sucks because it was supposed to be a female today but I guess she cancelled at the last minute :yell. Atleast I could have let my eyes wonder around for Christ's sake. Luckily this guy was not fat and hairy and disgusting, in fact I would say he was physically fit so it was easier and more pleasant to draw in a non homosexual but artistic way. Well as soon as the robe dropped there was a dead silence and a few throat clearings lol. It was weird at first but we are all adults, so we went on with it.

We did a 20min session where he would pose 20 times at a minute a piece so we could sketch him for practice. Out of nowhere he lies on his back and throws his legs straight up with his C and B's staring right at me. wtf. Now excuse me but Id rather try and draw the underside of your sack and gouche area please. It was funny because me and the guy next to me immediatly threw our hands up and looked away from that surprise at the same time. Thank god he didnt pretend to hike me a football or I would have just left.

After that he posed for a little over an hour for a real drawing and I must say, I am damn proud of my drawing. I felt like it was one of the best in the class (naturally :p ). And, I was lucky enough to be in a position where his hand was covering his pride so I didnt have to take that into consideration. I would have much rather of had a semi-chub for almost 3 hours over a female instead but oh well, it was fun and new.

Has anybody else drawn a nudy before, or draw in general? I might post some of mine later.

2. 12barblues

Gold Member

im no artist, but your story made me laugh....thanks :lol

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Sounds like fun, I got asked to do nude modeling for an art class once. Wanted to, but had a schedule conflict.

4. Trond

Gold Member

Many times. Like you guys we normally go from extremely quick poses to longer ones. I have drawn both men and women. I like women, but when it starts up I quickly get so concentrated that it doesn't matter. Besides, variation is good too.

Interestingly, I have learned that many weird assumptions that people make about anatomy are false:
    -The length of the body relative to the size of the head varies quite a bit.
    -It is true that slim girls usually have smaller breasts, but I have drawn a couple of skinny girls with huge ones too, and they looked absolutely natural.
    -Some people think that the strong hourglass shape seen in Velazquez's painting of Venus must have come from using corsets daily. Not true, many women are like this naturally.
    -Also, some people seem to think that the lack of genitals in ancient Greek sculptures of women (Aphrodite etc) is anatomically incorrect. The Greeks were probably a bit reluctant to depict this, but some women actually have very "shy" pussies :lol. If they stand straight up and down, and they are shaven, you can't see a thing.
    ....and so on and so forth :)

5. KimRN

KimRN New Member

Hahaha I needed a good laugh today thanks :)

6. BigTitLover

Gold Member

Love to draw. Posted some of my stuff is the pin up thread in the images section.

Drawing from models in class was always a crap shoot. Only had one good looking model to whole time. Most were old, or butt ugly.

7. cbrmale

Gold Member

My art is writing, not drawing. Currently I am putting the finishing touches to a manuscript set in England in 1879 through 1880, which is right in the corset era. I did a lot of research for this a long time ago and discovered something about corsets. They are laced at the rear and have hooks and eyes at the front, and while a minority of women laced them tightly after putting the on, the majority of women laced them to fit and tied them, and then put them on by hooking at the front (obviously they were not that tight because they never would have got the hooks and eyes to line up). Corsets gave an upright straight-back posture, and it seems that this was the main purpose of wearing them. Women are captives of fashion and I doubt if bras are any more comfortable than corsets.

I have seen many women nude, and I agree that some women do have the delightful hourglass figure of the model used in the painting of Venus. There are few women who are more attractive naked than clothed, but there are some women who are absolutely spellbinding when naked. I can remember two just now, and it was many years ago when I saw them. Good memories.

8. CosmicEye

Gold Member

I am jelous because Im sure the ladies of the class looked more than twice. I also bet that 100% of them went home and touched themselves or atleast had a sexy thought about it.

They post up other drawing classes on the walls outside the classroom and boy, Im glad I wasnt in that class. Just how similar they all were and what I could picture this nasty rolly polly chick with giant Bologna nipples... yuck. I mean Im not expecting a super model or anything but I think it would please all of us to stare at a average body type women.

I also forgot to mention that when I first walked in class I went up to the teacher to turn something in. The guy was off to my side behind a big bookshelf on the corner of my eye. I didnt see him at first and when I looked he had just dropped his pants and looked up at me. I was almost mad at first and made a "WTF!!" kind of scene but the I realized that was the model. It was a quick awkward and unexpected moment.

9. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

Note to self: take a nude drawing class at an all male college.:D:D:D:D

10. Trond

Gold Member

In my experience, women don't get that turned on by the simple sight of a naked man. Just FYI :p

11. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Really? Not even early 20 year olds? I mean not excited uncontrollably but just thinking about a sexy scenario later. Hell I even had a sexy thought that night thinking about if it was a chick.

12. Trond

Gold Member

Nope :). Well, it happens I suppose, but most women aren't nearly as interested. Notice that strip clubs for men outnumber those for women....oh I don't know....10 to 1 or more? And even then, women go mostly for the giggle not the gig :lol (yup I just made that one up)

13. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I get more turned on by a man in a business suit than a naked one. :D

14. thunderseed

Gold Member

I do a lot of still life drawings of nude models. I live in a community that is really artsy, thus you can find classes pretty much anywhere locally.
    I try to go to classes where there are curvy female models. The female body is amazing to draw, every woman has different angles and curves, yet I enjoy drawing women who are considered to be overweight. Fortunately in the art communities it is one area where full figures are in high demand, and where bigger bodies and luscious curves are truly beautiful. I can draw a stick figure any time, that doesn't take much skill. But when it comes to art and real beauty, you must try drawing women with real curves.

It is very fun learning how to shade with pencil and such!

I don't often enjoy drawing men as much as women, simply because women have more amazing curvy angles to draw.
    I still haven't really perfected the perfect drawing of a six pack yet though, still working on it. But I have drawn many male models.

15. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Haha yeah the slight muscle tone in this guys stomach was hard to shade. I used a charcoal stick in this one because I thought pencil would be too light and slow.

16. litemyfire

litemyfire Member

I don't have much time to sketch any more but when I was younger I was very much into art. My mother was an artist and from a very young age she taught me to sketch and paint (water and oil).......

The sketch I have attached is the last time I was inspired to sketch or do any kind of art.......This is a sketch of my wife that I drew back in 1981.
    No one has ever sceen it...........this is the first time besides my wife that I have shown it to anyone.....

Let me knowe what you think.

Nice thread, thanks.

Attached Files:

17. AHappyWife

AHappyWife New Member

I disagee. Going to a quiet classroom to study the male anatomy is far beyond going to a male stip club. In class, you are looking at a normal body. The body from a purposeful musclar buildup of years at the gym vs. One that's not is also different.

The key difference is there is not a group of shaved and oiled down men rubbing and shaking body parts in your face for money. No alohcol. No stage to be dragged to and done whatever with. The whole mindest of the two groups of people are extremely different.

18. Trond

Gold Member

Follow the conversation backwards, and you will see why I made that comment. I am not comparing apples and oranges (I don't go to drawing class to get horny), but look at CosmicEye's posts, and you get the drift.

19. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Well yeah I mean I understand the artistic value. I wouldnt do it to get horny, Id do it to draw the human figure. I wasnt really getting at that. Im just saying, its not like it never crosses the mind in a dirty way again. If she happened to have perfect beautiful breasts that pointed up and away, or even just pretty in general, you would have a happy thought about that?

20. Trond

Gold Member

This conversation is turning a bit bizarre :lol
    Yes man, it's all good. :p