Downloaded Firefox web browser

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GentleManSteve, Jan 26, 2007.

1. GentleManSteve

GentleManSteve New Member

Downloaded Firefox web browser. As I can see now IE is a lot faster. Let me see how it works with the forum. :) Smilies work. :tsktsk OK lets see what else I can do. This works very well

[BANANA]OK it is working very well[/BANANA]

[PIE]I just might be happy[/PIE]

2. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

OK, I did too, But I'm not entirely happy with it.
    When someone gives me a link here on the forum and
    I exit that link I go back to Windows not the Forum.:sf

3. teamster145

Gold Member

I love it. I love the tabs. I open links in tabs and then close the tab. Also I have add-ons for the weather on the task bar and I can open a IE tab in firefox if a page wont open in firefox

4. Jayce

Gold Member

Wait, what? If you exit any link then it should close. IE does the same thing. But I don't think I understand your comment or else you didn't specify with enough detail what's going on. *shrug*

Just for the record, I did a year of web design work in school. I had to use firefox, opera, and IE all day long. Reason being I had to see how my page looked in each browser, because sometimes my page would look fine in FF, but opera would screw up the formatting, or IE would make the font bigger, etc. Without a doubt FF was the best out of them. The runner up was most definitely opera. IE was trailing far, far, far behind. So far behind I almost felt bad for Microsoft. :( Almost... :lol

5. Thorn

Gold Member

I've used Firefox for several years and I have no complaints. Don't remember why I switched from IE. Probably because I usually do everything in an alternative way to the mainstream.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Same here. I've been using FF for some long that I can't remember why I switched in the first place. Probably some of my nerd friends recommended it...not that I'm in any way mocking the nerds of the world.

I am one.

And I have sex with one on a regular basis. I think nerds are sexy.

7. doberman

doberman New Member

i think you're right..

i tried FF but somehow i wasnt satisfied with it and just kept going with IE. probably i am a lazy bastard and want all my updates to be happening automatic..

i am quite happy with with IE too, hardly ever anything isnt working, altough MS does not stick to specifications and stuff. i believe that bill gates is the antichrist..

they just put up some sort of patent for "a device to store information for an endless time".. well, that is coming from the guys that produce software which the data done with it, lets say an excel file, wont be read with future releases of the same program. and funny already the babylonians had this kind of devices (plates of rock worked with chisels) that still can be read today.. i hate MS, i would be using linux if it wasnt for all the onlinegaming i do..

8. Thorn

Gold Member

You can have FF update automaticly. Mine does. It just doesn't need them as often as MS IE. I don't know why.

9. doberman

doberman New Member

still it didnt work as good for me as IE does. FF crashed pretty often at the time and thats one thing i really dislike.

i had setup my laptop as a dual-boot, running both XP and linux. that was pretty cool, but re-done it to XP only after that, as the linux-installation took up a lot of space on my harddrive, all my online-chatting contacts and stuff was on the XP-side.. so i dropped it.

if you get something like a SUSE-linux edition, it comes with everything included, you do not have to buy any other programs, from "photoshop" to music-making, -mixing, -burning.. its endless!

before i would recommend anyone to install FF, besides not choosing the so-bad MS-stuff, i would tell them to get linux! as their whole system is based on the devils from redmond..

10. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

For the people having problems with FF closing a link. Is the link opening in a tab or a new window? If it is opening in a tab, make sure you are closing the x at the tab and not on the top of the page. FF is great I have been using it when it was netscape.