Double Standard

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by KatieBear, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatieBear

KatieBear New Member

One of my biggest pet peeves is that women who like to have sex with lots of men are looked down on while guys who have sex with lots of girls are looked up to like heroes. This is total bullshit! I'm proud to be a sexually liberated woman and I don't care what anyone thinks about my promiscuity. I like to have sex and the people I have it with like fucking me.

Since moving here I have developed a network of fuck buddies who I can always be sure of enjoying myself with. There is no rudeness, laughing or mocking going on. Everybody I hang out with regularly is cool with the lifestyle. Those who I respect and who respect me become fuck buddies and become part of that circle and those that don't have any respect can get lost.

2. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree labels on people suck.

3. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Discretion is often times the great part of sex! And mysteries are always fun! Some people don't deserve to know. Keep quiet about some things and let people guess! And if anyone asks, you have no obligation to answer! Variety is cool! Some folks just can't handle knowing about it though! This is not dishonest nor is it lying! Your private space is yours!

4. Emt

Emt New Member

I share your feelings.

I actually did a 5 page paper on the very topic of sexual double standards.

A few of the topics I covered included the one you mentioned about slut vs. stud. I also talked about public view of sexual assault, what body parts are shown on tv (men's breasts are, women's breasts are not), and a ton of other stuff...bottom line is that we are FAR from equal as a society, when speaking about sexuality and gender.

Just my .02

-Emt

5. eandvk

eandvk Member

Who cares what others think....you have to do what makes you happy and satisfied..you cant make everyone happy anyway and not everyone is going to be your friend in this world!

6. Bluesy

Gold Member

I was kinda going to say the same thing as eandvk. You're always going to run into people who will criticize your lifestyle and decisions, who will think badly of something you do. You have to learn to say "The hell with them." As long as you're OK with you and your choices, what anyone else thinks doesn't matter. You just have to be sure that they aren't hitting a sensitive spot, something you'd rather not examine too closely. Sometimes these things are a good opportunity for introspection, and other times it's a good opportunity for practicing "The hell with them."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.