Double standard - men in tight clothing

Discussion in 'Sexual Fetishes and Fantasies' started by RenCom, Jul 28, 2010.

1. RenCom

RenCom Member

There could be multiple subjects about double standards, but today I'd like to have your opinions and thoughts on men wearing tight clothing. Not only jeans, but also pants (like jazz pants), shorts, leggings, etc.

Women can wear pretty much anything, tight or loose and no ones going to think she's weird (to a certain extent, of course, lol)

Let's say you get a guy to wear some tight yoga pants, not super tight, but it is form fitting. What I've noticed about the tight jeans tread, people will think, he's gay.

Why can't guys wear form fitting clothing? Why is it perceived as strange or out of the ordinary ?

I personally like form fitting clothes and I would love to be able to wear tight pants and shorts in public without people looking at me like it I was an alien or something. But where I think there should be an improvement is at the gym. Gym pants for men, even the small size is like a XL pajama for me, lol. It actually constricts my movements. If I actually had a pair of tight fitting clothes with stretch and sweat wicking properties made for men, I'd be in heaven (available at almost any clothing store, but that's maybe pushing it, lol)

That's one example, but there could be more in other fields, like work, shopping, clubbing, swimming and so on.

Thanks for all your replies and thoughts.

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Being a HUGE fan of the male backside, I just love men in tight pants. I live on a road that a local college cycling team uses for conditioning and racing. Watching all tight asses in their black shiny covering makes me want to run out and grab one.

As for tight pants being a gay thing, I don't know about that. I've never heard a person say, "Oh, his pants are too tight, he must be gay."

My question is, if people think you are gay because you wear tight pants, why would that bother you?

3. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

I've never heard of tight pants having anything to do with being gay before. If anything, tight jeans on men are pretty common among some social classes in my country.

I also don't think women necessarily get away with tight clothes either. If they don't have perfect figures they're rubbished for showing off their lumps and bumps and if they have nice bodies, they're branded as sluts.

4. htoad

htoad Active Member

My observation if that men can get away with wearing tight clothing in athletic settings (like a gym) or during athletic endeavors. Maybe the emphasis on physical activity during those settings leaves a different expectation and more acceptance of men wearing tight clothing than just normal day to day life.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm going to have to agree with something too. I've never known tight pants to be gay. Hell, I love a night fit guy wearing some really tight jeans accentuating his ass and package. :)

I have to ask too, why are you concerned with what others think it may be? I mean..its your body, your clothes, buy and wear what you want.

6. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

Personally I think it all depends if you can carry it off. I had a 62 year old gym teacher who wore very tight cycling shorts when teaching. It wasn't a very pretty sight.

In any case, just try it and see if people's reactions are positive or negative before making it a long-term decision.

7. NedF

Verified Gold Member

What if they are jeans that have been cut off higher than the pockets and the guy also wears a net shirt with leather accessories?

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

:rofl Point goes to Ned.

9. NedF

Verified Gold Member

Oh sure, go on and laugh... now I will have to find something else to wear on casual Fridays at the office! ???

10. RenCom

RenCom Member

It's cool to have so many replies! As for the tight pants being gay... well that's how most of the people I know perceive it. I do have tight jeans and my gf loves them and I find them to be the most comfortable. However, I did try once a very tight pair of jeans, it was a man's style but my girlfriend didn't like the fact that it seemed to be as tight as her jeans. I would have kept them if it wasn't for my gf.

Now for the other question, why am I so concerned about it ? Well... I care how other people perceive me... it's nothing too extreme, I make my own decisions and my life isn't hindered in any significant way by it, but I do care.

I also wear bike shorts when I bike and I have a nice pair of (women's) jazz pants that are a bit flared and tight in the package and butt. They pass great as men's fitness pants... but I must say that I am pretty fit too.
    Actually, before I moved, the gym where I used to go, one of the trainers there was always checking me out, very subtle, but she always had a smile on and would say hi. She even told me once that I had very nice pants.
    The only thing bothering me with those pants is that my package is pretty revealing if I don't buffer it down a bit. Mittimer seems to love seeing the package, but I don't know, is there too much package that can be revealed (I mean, without seeing a perfect outline of it of course). Maybe I am shy about it...

In any case, my question also goes out more that just about me, I am asking it as a sort of a statement, in a "why women but not men" sort of way.

Anyways, thanks for the replies, comment all you want ! I'll be keeping a close watch on my thread!

11. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

12. Squeak

Squeak New Member

Just for clarification, do you like the feel of them, the fashion, or both?

If it's the feel, maybe wear tight clothes under slightly baggier ones, if you're that concerned with appearances.

Or, you can do what I do, say "fuck it", not care what people think and do you're own thing.

13. RenCom

RenCom Member

I'd say both + technical reasons as for my exercise pants

Men's gym wear, even if small are like ten times too big, lol. As for other articles of clothing, I've tried it but it can pretty warm with two layers of clothing and I'm not the one getting chilled easily.

I found some nice exercise pants at "La vie en rose" but you've got a advertising slogan on it, written "Body, Mind, Soul". That sort of tags me right there that I'm wearing women's pants. But at the same time I could also simply not care. That makes me think, I've got a good question I could post on the "Ask a guy/girl" section...

I should probably be more like that

#13 RenCom, Aug 4, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2010