Doomed from the start

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by CleaverFace, Jun 8, 2012.

1. CleaverFace

CleaverFace New Member

Some of you may have noticed there was a big lull in my activity on this site. Most of you probably didn't even bat an eyelash, hey, I'm not going to overstate my importance (very important.)

Anyhow, I was involved in a relationship just over the past week that I knew was doomed from the start. She was a high school friend who I'd always been stuck in the friend-zone with. In the friend-zone I always got to listen to her problems, and one of her problems was that she consistently cheated on her men.

Well, the opportunity opened up, essentially I told her I was in it to actualize the desire of having sex with her that I'd had for many years. But even that was just doomed. She had a boyfriend the whole time that I never knew of, but he definitely got to know about me.

Point of the thread: Have you sought something that was doomed from the start, if so, did you feel stupid immediately after?

2. Splendid_Thoughts

Gold Member

I missed you...

To answer your questions...yes I have and yes I did feel stupid afterwards but I still did it!

3. CleaverFace

CleaverFace New Member

=) Oh Splendid Thoughts, your name is just so fitting. Thank you.

Mind me asking just how bad the whole ordeal was? Are we talking "Titanic" bad?

4. slickdick

slickdick Member

I always felt stupid bro! I am a sucker for lost causes!!

5. Meow181

Meow181 Active Member

We must be twins!!!! :lol
    I learnt from mine...... I think.....ST did you?

I kinda feel its all part of our life experiences that we all need and to reflect on too ;)

Cleaver !!! I missed you too ;)

6. Mittimer

Gold Member

Good to see you posting again. :)

I have too entered the realm of "Why the fuck am I even trying". Try doing that for 2+ years. It was high school, we were stupid. He was lolligaging with his best friends girlfriend behind my back. I can't say I didn't see it, at least in hindsight.

I was more angry at myself then anything. When you're that young and you think you're in love, you hold on to every last thread you can in hopes that somehow it will work. It was definitely something that I learned from though. :)

7. Slipikins

Slipikins New Member

I want more details! Was it just sex for a week? Did you enjoy your time spent with her? Was it the type of affair where you laid around fucking all day, only going out to eat or look social for a few hours...or was it just a few times after work as an escape tactic from real life? Did you have gushy feelings for her or did she just make your dick hard? Do you enjoy talking to her or are her thoughts like an ice pick in your ear? Tell me, tell me, tell me...then I'll answer your question. :p

8. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

Not really. But when it didn't work out I felt stupid cuz id look back and see little clues here and there that I hadn't seen before. Dang blind puppy love!!

9. CleaverFace

CleaverFace New Member

Ooh, all right. I mentioned to her that I had a tasking next week, so I'd be going away for quite some time. She said she'd buy me a going away drink. That drink turned into a couple and so on until I ended up back at her place.

We had pretty tame sex the first time, just to see what was appropriate with this relation. I had no intention of being committed, as I was both leaving and I knew of her history with cheating. I was very, very paranoid that I might have been the "other" guy the whole time. Once it was over we took a shower together and things became more heated, we started having sex almost compulsively. She scratched at my back often, which only made me throb inside her. One time she drew blood from my shoulder from biting, and another I made her cum until she passed out.

It got to be so regular that I bought a toothbrush for the occasions when I was at her place. However I knew it might have been a bad idea, and for all the great sex, everything she said came off as disingenuous. Eventually the boyfriend caught wind of the whole thing. Somehow she thought trying to get pity out of me by saying "Oh no, my man's going to leave me! I wish this hadn't happened," wasn't going to burn a bridge.

Damage control was in effect from there on, the boyfriend confronted me and put a small dent in my wind-shield. I guess he wasn't the type to go much further than that, because he was immediately shaken. I was thinking of posting a picture of the wind-shield.

10. pbs

pbs
    Gold Member

I'm just finishing up an online affair that had to have been doomed from the start because we're both married. As it ends, I remember the good feelings that we shared, and it has rekindled my sex life with my wife. I never felt stupid about it, just a little hurt as it comes to it's inevitable end : (

11. Slipikins

Slipikins New Member

Well it sounds like all you wanted from her was sex anyway, so I'd not feel too stupid about what unfolded. You didn't know about the bf...so that BS is on her. The fact that she turns around and wishes it never happened is utterly lame and a form of manipulation in order to not take responsibility for her own desires and actions. She needs to do a little soul searching and fix what is broken within.

With that said...the only sexual encounter I regretted was with the guy when I was 17. It's too embarrassing how it started, what took place, and how it ended. Then having to see him 7 years later at my best friends son's birthday party...because he was dating my friend’s sister was horrible. He just kept smiling at me and I was completely horrified! He never told though...and I didn't either. :]

12. Slipikins

Slipikins New Member

Why is it ending!? What I mean rather...is what was the final breaking point?

If it's too much to tell here, please message me. I'm in a similar situation and have so many questions!

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I take the view that almost every relationship is doomed from the start; it is only the time frame that varies.
    That said it has never stopped me from starting out so in effect "a cup half full" attitude.
    Some relationships have been brief, other lasting years but in each case have taken the opportunity to maximise the quality time spent together.
    Regrets?
    Well, like the good song; a few but so very few on looking back.
    Yes mistakes made, yes some regrets, yes some nastalgia for what might have been but dammit life is too short for dwelling on such negativity.
    Moving on, curious to see what is around the next corner is my way of looking at life.

14. 12barblues

Gold Member

knew it was doomed after the first 12 years.....then spent the next 18 trying to survive it....but im free at last, free at last.....thank god almighty....im free at last....

15. LilBAM

Gold Member

It's happened to me twice, with each of my two best friends(both female). We're all still friends, so nothing hit an unfortunate breaking point, but I fell madly in love with each, when my brain knew it was pointless. My heart was just longing for love.

The first friend had a boyfriend of 5 years at the time(and are now married and live in Austin together), but my heart simply refused to let go until they were formally engaged, given at the time my feelings blossomed, they were having relationship problems. Thankfully, I went to her wedding, we all had a lot of fun, and everything was fine, and still is.

With my other friend(I've known her for over 5 years), she didn't want to risk anything happening to our friendship, as I meant too much to her to risk it. I suppose I should find that flattering, but man, it still stinks lol. We're still best friends today, so it could be a lot worse. She's bi-sexual, so it's not as if she doesn't like guys, but she couldn't imagine life without me, and would never want to risk it. Love hurts, man.