Doom3

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 82angelfan, Aug 17, 2004.

1. 82angelfan

82angelfan New Member

Don't know if anyone plays games here, but here goes.
    I think I am sorta disappointed in doom3. Great graphics, really scary ambience, but kind of repetitive. There is only a single path to follow, and the little key puzzles splve themselves before you even realize there is a puzzle to be solved.
    Anyone else on the subject.

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Doom 3 is getting too much hype, I am surprised to see it here. ;) I am waiting for STALKER, HL2 and Star Wars Battlefront. For me Doom 3 doesn't interest me because 1) I have heard way too much about it and 2) Never played the original or Doom 2.

I might watch the movie when it comes to theaters. I heard that Doom 3 is just a remake of the original, correct?

3. KoenigNazgul

KoenigNazgul New Member

Come on guys, you don't like Doom 3? Can your PC just not run it well enough? I agree that the paths given to you are quite straight forward on average, but the ambience, mood, prose, and style of the game are what truly make it so captivating. This game uses the most advanced technology available, and delivers it in my opinion. As for Half Life 2, you complain about Doom 3 being over-hyped? OMFG Half Life 2 has a moronic cult following that worships it without scrutiny. They PROMISED the game would be out last September, and I don't want to hear you all whine about the hacked code-who is stupid enough to leave a developmental computer for a severely sought-after source-code connected to the internet? Sheer stupidity is what is involved with the Half Life 2 delay; either that or an excuse. Nobody here is excited for Halo 2? Come on, other FPSs pale in comparison with the offerings Bungie bestows upon us.

4. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I'm not drooling over HL2 and won't buy it right when it comes out.

5. Frank Grimes

Frank Grimes New Member

I'm totally addicted to NCAA Football 2005. It kicks major ass.

6. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Too much hype? Man oh man, you got terrible information. Hideously terrible information. Doom 3 will be way better then HL2.. and those others. Doom 3 will blow your mind away. Try it out. My BFG FX5900 (OCed to FX5950U) can handle any game out there and play it more then great. So yeah my machine can handle it. I played it on a friend's computer because I don't have it yet myself.

7. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

I just never was a Doom fan, I'm not too big of a Half Life 2 fan either, I'll get it when it goes down in price but I am not in too much of a hurry. I am just sick of having to hear about it forever, the hype has worn down. I'm sure I will be sick of the other games when all I ever hear about it is them.

8. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

The hype was well deserved, trust me on that one.

9. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Thread pruned, keep it clean or this topic will be closed.

10. markx

markx New Member

i will see the doom movie when it comes out and i might buy doom 3 in a few months when the hype has died down and the price is better - it has an interesting concept