doing it doggy style

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by jess09, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jess09

jess09 Banned

Is having sex doggy style great for women ? I was wondering also if penetration could hurt less doing it that way rather than in the misionnary position ? My boyfriend asked me if I wanted to try it but I just feel it's a little weird. Does couples do that a lot ? And is there more pain ?

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

For most women it's one of the favorite positions. No more pain except it's sometimes a little deeper that way and might hit your cervix, and there's nothing weird about it, imho.

3. jess09

jess09 Banned

But I meant like it hurt the first time (that was my first time) in the missionnary postition so is there another position that might hurt less ?

4. jess09

jess09 Banned

I was like really turn out and I felt like I wanted him in my vagina, you know the sensation you have when you're ready for penetration but when he was in there it hurt and didn't felt good.

5. pirouette

Gold Member

Doggy style is great! Not my favorite but high on my list. I like the dominant posture he assumes in this position. It isn't at all uncomfortable.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

From your other threads, I gather you're still having a bit of trouble getting past the hymen. Probably no position will help that, but I expect if you keep trying it will open on up soon. If not, your Gyn can snip it fairly painlessly. My apologies if I'm mistaken, but I think I have seen you asking about this in this forum recently.

7. oldkinky

oldkinky Active Member

We love doggy. The only problem is that we both cum very fast when we do doggy-still love it, however.

8. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Jess, have you tried reverse cowgirl?
    Similar to doggy but gives YOU more control over movement and penetration.
    If you like reverse cowgirl chances are youll love doggy and if it hurts you during sex (any position) dont just ask him, "tell him" to go a bit easy on you. Good luck...let us know how you find it..ok.

9. jess09

jess09 Banned

is cowgirl me on top ?

10. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Yup, cowgirl is you on top and facing your partner. Reverse cowgirl is you on top with your ass facing your partner. A lot of guys like this better than regular cowgirl.

11. jess09

jess09 Banned

But I really don't like the fact that I can't have great sex. We did it again the other day and when he enters me it hurts. there is like a sharp pain. when he is in me and don't move, it is kinda okay. It feels weird and it feel like it's too big but... but when he goes back and forth, then it starts to hurt and it doesn't feel pleasurable and i tense up so it's tight and he senses it and we stop. I feel like I'm lying there having no pleasure and have some kind of uncomfortaable sensation.

Are we doing something wrong ? we do use plenty of lube.
    why does sex isn't good for me. when will it start being great ? is it possible I simply can't handle a normal penis inside me ?

12. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Hi! When I read your post about having sharp pain I felt that it probably would be a good idea for you to go to a gynocologist and have it checked out. Speculating as a lay person, on one hand, it could be psychological, that is, somehow, you may be tensing up when you have sex. On the other hand, it could be something physical that a physician can help you resolve. Anytime sharp pain is involved, I would urge the person to see a physician just to get it checked out. It's probably something that can be easily resolved, however, it would be wise to get it checked out. Hang in there!

13. jess09

jess09 Banned

well i went the other day before i started to have sex and he said that thw hole in my hymen was really small. so when i had sex it broke a little but i'm guessing the pain is still due to that because that's when he moves, i feel this skin moving... but i don't know what to do....

14. SDAVIS

SDAVIS New Member

I personally love doggy style because I can get deeper and love looking at the view from there. She is not as in love with the position because she feels it's less intimate since we aren't able to see each other. I'll take it that way any time!!!

15. schwa'd

schwa'd New Member

sounds like a case for lube. i like sex while spooning for control of penetration.

(and a gyno workup)

16. nerdcore86

nerdcore86 New Member

Don't worry about it. I know when I first lost my virginity, it took more than a month before i really started to feel good having sex. It's just a matter of stretching the hymen to a comfortable size. One thing I would suggest, though (and it might sound wierd, but it may be a more comfortable way to get through this) is to try to stretch the hymen on your own. The next couple days/weeks, in the shower, try using one or more fingers to progressively stretch your hymen. That way, there isn't any pressure to keep going like there is when having sex.
    If you try again, and it hurts too much, stop and do something else... oral or mutual masturbation. Remember sex is about having fun, and feeling close to someone you care about, not neccisarily pennetration, so there's no point in hurting.
    Good luck!

17. Jake424

Jake424 New Member

I was with this one girl....she just turned around and we went "doggy" without me having to say a thing (or even motion for her to turn over)!! She just did it herself......Yeah, she was a keeper!

18. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Most women love doggy style. It`s very primal :cool

19. Bluesy

Gold Member

I've enjoyed it because I know the guy is enjoying it...I can never feel anything in that position. I mean, I know it's in there, but there aren't any pleasure sensations at all. It has been uncomfortable at times because it does go in so deep; I don't think I would recommend it as a solution to your troubles if he's big. I'm sure that once you're past this particular painful stage it probably will be enjoyable for you (we're all constructed differently and it seems that most women find it pleasurable).

It's a good position for clitoral stimulation, though, and he can easily reach around and get you off that way. I really think you should head back to the gyno, or find a new one. Not all doctors are alike; if one isn't helping you, it's worth it to try another. Good luck!

20. Rook

Rook New Member

Yup, and I'm one of em!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.