does vaginal smell indicate the # of a woman's partners?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by johnny1234, Jun 13, 2007.

1. johnny1234

johnny1234 New Member

I know, weird question. today someone told me that if a girl has had sex with a lot of guys, her vagina will have an unpleasant smell. He said it had something to do with the "scents" of all the guys she has had sex with; I'm not sure exactly how he explained it.

This kinda has me worried because lately my girlfriend's vagina has been having an unpleasant smell. When we first met she was a virgin and it didn't smell at all, but for a while now it has not been smelling very good at all, and after hearing what my friend said i thought it may be a possibility that she may be having sex with other guys.

This idea sounds a little far fetched to me, but i am not very sexually experienced so that's why i am asking about it. Is this true at all, or did the person that told me this not know what he was talking about?

2. sallyT

sallyT New Member

This doesn't make sense to me, maybe she just needs to douche or may have an STD.

3. johnny1234

johnny1234 New Member

if it is in fact an std, that still means that she has cheated on me in some way....

4. sallyT

sallyT New Member

I'm not real familiar with STD so I couldn't tell you if it does mean she's cheating, she may just need to see her doctor. Does she shower everyday? if not that may fixthe problem.

5. Halogen

Halogen New Member

That's completely ridiculous :)

What it sounds like is that she has some sort of yeast/bacterial infection, which can easily happen when you're sexually active - no matter how many partners. Since women get moist FOR sex, and then exchange MORE fluids with a man, the probability of fungus and/or bad bacteria growing in there increases.

That's not to say that non-sexually active women *can't* get infections. They can. I've just personally found that sexual activity *increases* the chances of getting one.

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Could be sometihng as simple as what shes eating. It can tend to change the natural body odor.

I dont quite believe in that. Maybe shes just gotten lazy about cleaning

7. firebird

firebird New Member

Could be something in the diet or new medicines. Halogen had some good points. In general it just may be hygiene. Douching is no longer recommended. If there is smell and discharge, it may be infection...see Dr

8. cube30

cube30 New Member

Her smell has nothing to do with the guys she has been with, it is all either natural, from an infection or something either way, not from the guys she has slept with that makes no sense. Her pussy isint going to hold on to the scent of a guys cock.

9. Webster695

Webster695 New Member

The scent of a woman's vagina will change according to many factors: menstrual cycle (hormones), diet, hygiene, level of bacteria vs. probiotics (good bacteria) which is basically an infection such as bacterial vaginosis, yeast infection, Trichomoniasis (these are NOT STDs) , STDs, and on and on.

If she has a distinctly different smell, and it's unpleasant, it's most probably some sort of infection, and she should get to the doctor ASAP. You should tell her that you've noticed a difference (you don't have to say she stinks), and you're worried about her.

I can guarantee you her odor has nothing to do with the number of partners she's had.

10. dunny

dunny New Member

Agreed.

11. SexyScorp

Gold Member

Apparently the stronger a sexual urge
    a woman has, the stronger a smell she
    can exude...

After all we are animals.....makes sense
    I suppose.

12. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

You can even get a yeast infection when you're a virgin. I know because it happened to me. Anyway, to reiterate what everyone has been saying, the smell of the vagina in no way indicates the number of partners the owner of the vagina has had. It does indicate some kind of infection. The vagina is not supposed to smell bad. If it does then a trip to the doctor is in order.

13. Dreama

Gold Member

Yeah, the notion of such a thing is purely ridiculous.

14. yhungry

yhungry New Member

Once you get past the smell, you got it licked