Does this seem odd to you?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by dhfanatic, May 5, 2011.

1. dhfanatic

dhfanatic New Member

Hey, me and my now ex were together for 7 months. In that time we only had sex twice. He never tried to make a move on me if anything sexual ever occured it was because I initiayed it. Is it just me or is that odd?! He's only 21 he should be well up for it...?

Thanks for reading
    X

2. MidNight

MidNight New Member

He might be a late starter and not had much experiance, was he shy with you ?

3. dhfanatic

dhfanatic New Member

Yeah his personality was shy, but he's had quite a few exes and he knew I was a virgin. He was affectionate in other ways, such as cuddling and kissing but nothing intimate. Also when i sent sexy texts or photos he ignored them :s

4. MidNight

MidNight New Member

it does seem weird eh, do you still see him to talk too ?

5. dhfanatic

dhfanatic New Member

Ermm well we only split up yesterday :/ But to begin with I thought it was me, then I realised that there wasn't much more I could do to try and entice him. Its just weird, if he didn't want to be with me why let it last so long and hold hands etc. Also he knew it was going to end in Oct when he goes back to uni so why did he let me meet his fam? And not just parents, there were aunts, uncles, cousinals, grandparents.... :mad:

6. MidNight

MidNight New Member

if you see him again ask him out right what his problem was...

7. Meee

Gold Member

Some guys like the girl to take the initiative. Also, cuddling and kissing are intimate. What did he say when you split? What did you say? What was the conversation?

8. nyxx

nyxx New Member

thats not weird... he's 21, not a dynamo. he probably just didn't know how to react. you said he's shy, so he probably thought to text something and then second guessed himself. eitherway, he's your ex now, so there isn't anything to worry about. its his problem now, not yours.

9. dhfanatic

dhfanatic New Member

Seriously how many huys do you know that wouldn't jump at the cjance of sex? He ended it becaise he felt tjat he couldn't cope being away from me when he goes back to uni in october....

I'm not saying tjat the cuddling and kissing wasm't mice because it was...it was almost perfect. I tried everything to make him interested, it just hurts a lil coz I'm wondering, was it me?!

10. Flame

Flame New Member

No, it could just be the way he is. Not all guys jump at the chance of having sex. I know, I'm married to one :ugh

11. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Move on and chalk it up to experience.
    Probably he was never going to be the one hot lover you may have wanted anyway.
    It is good that you know what you want and brave enough to go for it :)

12. wetness1

Gold Member

I think its best if you had this chat with him. That's the only way your gonna get answers??
    But in relation to your question I've spoken to people (men) that don't care about sex atall. I find it strange but everyone is different eh?

13. MILF_Rider

MILF_Rider Member

Best to not dwell on it. Consider it a chance to learn something about yourself and relationships and move on to the next chance.

14. nurseharley

Gold Member

says who?

i don't see how this matters now anyway since the relationship is over. why did you only initiate it twice, hm?

at least you know that's not what he was all about.

15. backcheck64

Gold Member

Twice in 7 months, for me personally it'd be weird. I usually had sex at least twice in the first 7 hours. I liked when the girl initiated, but I didn't earn the nickname "the octopus" by sitting still. I don't know of any guys that would have been that passive, of course I ran with a bunch of horn dogs. Those of us still alive are still that way.

But NH is right, whats the point now?

16. nyxx

nyxx New Member

no

17. Slevinish

Slevinish New Member

I get a little, Miffed. when women grossly overgeneralize the male psyche.

I am 25, a Virgin and incredibly horny. never had sex and I won't have sex with my current girlfriend. she might get sex from me one day. But rather than follow my wants, I save it for people I trust, that I know I will want in my life forever.

I have a fucking freight train of a Libido. I also have the strength to wait for someone I know is worth it.

But personally I think your Ex might be gay.

18. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

It's not normal, but it might not have been you, or even if it was something about you it might not be something negative - he might just have been afraid to pressure you and unable tot ell the difference between initiating sex and pressuring someone.

It could have also been that he had an incredibly low sex drive. My ex had an average one for a guy and never initated.

19. SWCaine

SWCaine New Member

I have to agree with Stefani. I would add that he might have pre-programmed intimacy issues, or he simply may have been trying too hard to be a gentleman.