[Ask a Girl] does menopause affect sex?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by sinner, Dec 13, 2010.

1. sinner

sinner New Member

This question is for the more "experienced" ladies (I am trying to be nice and not say "older". So my wifes period has been coming every three weeks. I'm thinking that at 45 maybe her change is coming. Could this explain a drop in her libido? :eek:w will this affect her and will it change our sex life?

2. awakened

awakened New Member

Anything that causes changes or fluctuation in hormones will affect libido, now whether it be positive or negative, depends on the woman. I am 42 and was exp. what your wife was, so i discussed with my doc and opted to end the madness and had a procedure that did the trick. Three months later my new nickname is horndog . LOL. No, I dont know if that had something to do with it or not, maybe though.

3. sinner

sinner New Member

Thanks I really want her to see the gyn but she hesitates. Something about legs spread open with a speculum shoved up her vagina that turns her off.

4. luvbug

Gold Member

That wont necessarily happen. They can draw blood to check her hormone levels.....among other things.
    She really needs to get checked out.

5. awakened

awakened New Member

I worked in the ob/gyn office for 5 years and there are few women who hesitate to spread their legs for their doc. Imagine working for the guy everydayand have to spread your legs, no fun. Now that i dont have a male gyn. doc, i realize the best way to get through the moment is to fantasize about something and then the time will fly. Off topic, but i now rmrmber a funny thread i posted couple months ago about a vaginal ultrasound experience I had, LOL

6. sinner

sinner New Member

That ultrasound probe made very self conscious when I was with my wife for one.

7. Voracious

Voracious New Member

I am 44, no menopause yet, but something happened to me at age 42, and my sex drive went through the roof, I was wet 24/7 and went from wanting it once a week - to 3 times a day. Poor husband could not keep up with me. I had all the signs of a Testosterone increase , even fowl smelling underarms -like my teenage sons, where I am always yelling at them to go wash them/change their shirt!

I also noticed that my periods are getting a little shorter, but not much so, not sure what is in store for me, but I want this sexual appitite to remain. If I have to take replacement therapy when I hit menopause to keep this - I am onboard. Best time of our lives.

I read this somewhere about how men & Women's hormones change as we age :

Balance the seesaw.

When they were first married, the man remembered, he always took the sexual lead, pulling his wife close and whispering his desire to make love. But now, 20 years later, she often makes the first move.

Again, hormonal changes are bringing the couple into closer balance. Men and women both produce testosterone and estrogen, but the proportion of each changes over the years. The male's shifting levels of estrogen and testosterone may make him more willing to follow than to lead, happy for his wife to set the pace. And as a woman's estrogen declines and her testosterone becomes proportionately greater, she may become more assertive.

8. sinner

sinner New Member

Thanks I wish my wife were voracious