[Ask a Guy] Does it even matter?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by nurseharley, Jan 16, 2011.

1. nurseharley

Gold Member

If a woman is willing to have sex with you but is not physically attractive to you, would you still have sex with her just because she offered and you're horny?

Is it enough for guys to see a woman showing off her body and throwing herself at you, or does she actually need to be attractive?

#1 nurseharley, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  2. sinner

sinner New Member

I can only speak for myself. Truthfully, a pretty well built woman gets my attention but I've only ever wanted sex with women I really cared about. For the past 23 years that has been my wife. I really believe that sex without love can never be as good as "making love". When I was single that's what I was looking for. I was lucky enough to find someone that I cared about AND was willing to give it up as you say.

3. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Im kinda confused by the question but i'll try.

If you mean do women get my attention just by dressing slutty or being willing to have sex with me, then no. Im not the type to get all turned on by someone just because shes showing off or coming on to me if shes actually really unattractive haha.

But if you mean does it matter what a woman looks like as far as would i still be attracted to her enough for sex, no it doesnt matter. Sexy is an attitude, not a look. I dont care what a woman looks like necessarily.

But i wont be sexually attracted just because shes willing to give it up or jist because she shows skin. That goes for all women whether their totally average, amazingly beautiful, whatever. Just showing off isnt sexy.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

This question is not answerable by me in the way it is worded. I'm not big on casual sex, never been one for "sport fucking." So I've never been a guy who would have sex with what amounts to a "willing hole." I *do* care what a girl looks like, but I'm not going to just get it on with some chick because she's hot and willing either. I care very much about the personality and such, much more than the looks. I am much more likely to pay attention to a "homely" looking girl who isn't an airhead or a bitch and can carry an intelligent convo than I am a vapid hottie.

5. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Right i'm with you. But i think the question is are we turned on by a woman whos not a total hottie who dresses like she is, just because of how shes dressed haha.

My answer to that is no.

6. nurseharley

Gold Member

i totally reworded it just for you, but it probably still doesn't make sense.

7. sinner

sinner New Member

Attractiveness is a very complicated concept. I guess the simplest way to put it is that beauty is more than skin deep. I have declined sex with some very attractive women who made it very clear to me that they wanted me to fuck them. I had a very good friend that I lost as a friend because he he was critical of my wifes body. He thought I should go out with someone else who he judged as more attractive.

Also keep in mind that looks can be fleeting. A taut stomach and perky tits may never be the same after pregnancy and childbirth. There better be more than looks or someone will want to leave.

I guess the answer is that there are plenty of guys who are only interested in shallow relationships. Some guys are only interested in sex but not all guys.

8. HardRocker

Gold Member

I've turned down some seedy looking women,more like girls back then, three different times. Not as much because of their lack of physical attributes, as because of their apparent lack of grooming and possibly sanitary habits. I just didn't want to fuck a nasty looking girl for fear of having some of that nastiness left on me.

9. Northside

Gold Member

There has to be something I like about her. In my younger days if she was hot, and willing, that was usually enough. As I mature, I need to be with someone I can talk to, as well as be physically attracted to. I guess I have to like her.

10. htoad

htoad Active Member

Probably not. I need some level of physical attractiveness to the woman. However, when I was single, I looked at both physical and emotional attractiveness together, as a package. A woman who folks might not think was physically attractive could find very attractive if she had certain personality that enticed me. Something along the lines of "once we are done having sex, do I still want to hang around this woman?" There were woman who were physically attractive but with (to me) repulsive personalities that I had no desire for them.

Showing off the body may gain some looks and "checking things out" from me, but attractiveness (and for me, as I described earlier, that is a combination of both the physical and emotional) is what would get me to be interested and consider going further.

This will sound weird: part of the issue I had when a woman "threw herself at me" and was blatant about sex was that I always had the thought "does she also do this with other guys, or am I something special?" Frankly I would be wary if I felt this was her "normal" mode of operation.

11. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

I have known some guys who absolutely would have sex with a woman even though they were not attracted to her but she offered...depends on the guy,I guess.

12. fothermucker

fothermucker New Member

In my case, looks only matter to an extent. I have dated some women in the past that weren't absolute knockouts, but had amazing personalities. At the same time, I have dated women that were gorgeous, but had dull personalities. Wanna take a guess at which relationships were short lived?:p

13. outofcontrol

outofcontrol New Member

Pretty straightforward question.

Anyway, I can't have sex with someone I don't care for, but she would need to be attractive if i would. Although, a slutty attitude isn't attractive to begin with, and personality plays a huge part in wanting to have sex with someone; at least for me.

14. sinner

sinner New Member

I would be interested in the reverse question. Ladies does a guy have to be good looking. I've known some very attractive ladies who scoffed at the idea of giving an average looking guy a chance.

15. GreyGoose

Gold Member

If we are talkin pure sex yes I would have to be attracted to her body. If she was a girl that I am looking beyond sex then a great personality will outweigh the physical

16. MissDreamy

MissDreamy New Member

I prefer men who make me laugh as opposed to men who 'look good'

If a guy is funny then I find myself attracted to them whatever they look like :)

17. backcheck64

Gold Member

I absolutely could not sleep with someone I found unattractive. I could get past a couple of character flaws if it was a one time thing. But she has to be attractive to me no matter what. To carry on any kind of relationship, she has to combine looks with personality and humor...along with physical activities I partake in...cycling, skating, skiing....get you minds out of the gutter.

18. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Well you have read my blog and know that my lover was a 31 year old virgin.
    He is what some would say goofy looking: sorta wiry,thin,crooked teeth,glasses and not the most deep,manly voice I have heard for sure.
    Yet he is caring and sweet and the BEST lover I have EVER had.
    I was attracted to his personality and that is what made me fall for him...
    So,looks don't really matter to me.
    When I was younger I admit I only went for a "certain" type.But now I find myself attracted to many different types.

The big muscle bound guys never did it for me though.I always liked intelligent guys more

19. sinner

sinner New Member

I have to say believe my wife traded down when she chose me. I find her to be beautiful. Thank god there are beautifuul women like she and you who are nice to guys like me and your hubby.

20. nurseharley

Gold Member

ive dated my share of what some would think of as average and ive dated my share of pretty boys. turns out usually the more average guys are actually more douche-like than the pretty ones...who knew?

back to the point...there has to be SOME physical attraction there, but he doesn't have to look like a male model (or even close) to get my attention. if he wears glasses, that's a plus :p and most of all, if he can make me laugh....im pretty much sold.