[Ask a Girl] does it bother you if guys look at you?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by nomnomnom83, Dec 1, 2010.

1. nomnomnom83

nomnomnom83 New Member

does it bother you ladies when guys look at you? like looking at you from head to toe. i mean, im gonna look at you ladies if you're wearing something sexy out in public of course. i feel like if you don't want guys staring at you then you shouldnt be wearing something like that.

im just really curious on what girls think about that. i know some girls love the attention they get but others look at guys like, "YOU DOGS!!! STOP LOOKING AT ME!!!"

2. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

if you're staring like a creep & I can tell you are picturing me naked.. I have a problem

3. awakened

awakened New Member

Men used to look at me all the time, every day because of the huge boobs I had (J ) and it did not usually bother me unless of course he was creepy, and shit there are alot of creepy people around. LOL

4. Mittimer

Gold Member

I'm not the most attractive girl alive so when guys do check me out, most of the time it's flattering. Obvious looks of up and down without any consideration is rude though.

Having the mind set of "if you don't want to be checked out then you shouldn't wear that" is so wrong though.

A man who feels this way both disgusts me and comes off as a true asshole. No offense to you, nomnomnom83. That's just how I personally feel.

Some women just like to dress where they show a little more. That's how they are comfortable. It's no different then a woman who wants to dress in jeans and a tshirt or walk around wearing a mumu. It doesn't mean that they don't want to be checked out too, or that you should judge them as someone ugly or without style, it's just what they are comfortable in.

Everyone should have the right to dress as they please without worry of being objectified by random men or women on the street. In the same breath, everyone, man and woman should have the consideration not to openly gawk at another person because they may be attracted to them sexually. Not everyone accepts it the same way.

5. nomnomnom83

nomnomnom83 New Member

well i dont gawk at the ladies. i'll check em out and then mind my own business. but if you think about like a girl at a beach with a bikini on you wont gawk at them because that is normal clothing to wear at a beach but if she were to wear something like that on the street where people wear something appropriate then i feel like thats her fault for getting that attention that she doesnt want.

one cold day i went out to the city and everyone had jackets and pants on, fully clothed from head to toe. then some girl walks by in a mini skirt, stockings and a garter belt. i can tell cuz there was that string thing holding her stockings up. its hard not to gawk at her while walking around. i think everyone broke their necks just to look.

if im an asshole for that then i think every guy is an asshole lol.

6. HardRocker

Gold Member

My wife is a real attention getter, tall and beautiful. Guys always lock on when she passes by, and sometimes men will stop and tell her she's beautiful. It seems like she frequently attracts older men, which creeps her out and she gets kind of tired of it. I tell her to enjoy it, it could certainly be worse. If women thought I was all that good looking I think I would appreciate the attention.

7. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

This makes me think of the people I'm seeing around malls these days with "extreme" piercings or freaky tattoos. On one hand, I'm sure they want attention, but on the other hand, they are likely to be the first to abuse you if you get caught staring.

I'm with the other ladies in that I don't mind the odd glance but please don't be creepy about it.

8. nomnomnom83

nomnomnom83 New Member

lol of course. im not creepy about it. i was just curious on what girls think about that. to me it just feels like those kind of people like the attention.

when i do look, i look for 2 seconds max. i think 3 secs is pushing it. if someone were to look at me for 3 secs i would confront them about it and say, "what?"

even when i talk to people i look at them for a couple secs then look away even tho they are talking directly to me. then look at em again and look away. i dont like direct eye contact unless im close to that person.

9. too_thick

too_thick Member

You know some females do the same thing to guys
    :lol

10. BigGreekD

BigGreekD Member

guys hit on my brother and it bothers him. haha i know this is for ladies but i thought i'd add my two cents

11. Godiva

Godiva Member

I think those girls who are all tattooed up aren't doing it for attention. I used to dress punk, died my hair purple, wore crazy black bright things, but i'm actually very shy. I wore my hair that way and dressed that way because i felt like ME in it! And i'd go out and when i caught people double take my hair i'd wish it wasn't purple.

Now i dress more quirky then punk. I sometimes try to get guys to look at me, but they never do unless i wear revealing clothing, in which case, i'm desperately asking for it.

bf tells me they check me out all the time, i get mad at him because i think he is lying.
    But if i caught someone checking me out i would be really flattered. Unless they were creepy...then i'd wanna go home and take a shower and put an old sweater on. Yuck!

The way i see it, hot people hate being looked at because they get it all the time, those less fortunate in the beauty department (and with low self esteem to get self confidence from others instead of themselves) crave it. (like me. Sad)

12. HayleyB

HayleyB New Member

I don't mind. What does bother me is when a guy is staring at my chest when talking to me. I find that really annoying.

13. Texas_Red

Gold Member

See, my problem is that in my mind, if you dress to feel sexy, and are putting "the goods" on display, then you have no right to complain if people look. "If you don't want to be checked out then you shouldn't wear that" exists because it is very straightforward and logical. It's no different than saying "if you don't want me to treat you like a scum fuck gangsta piece of shit, then don't act like one", etc. If the shoe fits, wear it. Don't want to be objectified? Don't make an object of yourself. If that makes me an asshole or something, then so be it I guess. :shrug

14. nomnomnom83

nomnomnom83 New Member

yeah, i feel the same way texas_red does. if i go to hooters im gonna look at some hooters. if the server doesnt like it, then she should work at another restaurant. i just dont gawk at the ladies. thats just going to make it weird asking for a refill lol.

15. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

I lean more towards the Texas Red philosophy. I am comfortable wearing some clothing that others would shy away from; but I'm not going to be surprised or offended if I get looked at. People look. In all honesty, it makes me feel sexy. In all honesty if any other women are going to claim that they don't or wouldn't, they are lying to others or themselves. It's sex. It's natural.

Tuned to the same string, I am less surprised by inappropriateness in others when I do. I understand that with added attention comes added attention from a greater demographic of people that is mathematically more likely to include crude and impolite people. You'd have to be a fool to try and argue with that. So, knowing that, you intelligently can't take it too far and expect to get away with it; idealism be damned.

I was in a pretty serious debate in a gender studies class of mine. There was quite a stir on campus over a sexual assault that took place in a fraternity. The case was intriguing because apparently the victim was a very promiscuous girl that went to the Frat's Playboy party and throughout the night, was drinking and dancing with her top off. She got very drunk and went to a room to crash when a brother of the fraternity came in after her and sexually assaulted her. Afterward, she ran crying from the party and called the police the next day.

Now, she knew exactly what she was doing when she took off her clothes and made herself the center of attention. Who wouldn't know? You'd have to be a complete, I mean 'complete', fool not to. And she got the attention of, not only the well-intended partiers, but of the ill-intended ones as well. Now, according to her rights, she was on private property, she was of legal drinking age, and she was well within her RIGHTS to do everything she did. And her assailant was certainly NOT within his rights to do what he did. My stance was that you can't blame her for what the lowlife criminal did. You CAN blame her for not protecting herself and being openly reckless with her behavior (which is the underlying attitude when someone mistakenly says the "Asking for it..." line). It's give and take.

So yah, if you dress sexier, more people will notice you. The sexier you dress, the MORE people will notice you and the bigger the chances that one of those people will be an inappropriate dick (or a violent criminal). So just be smart about it.

Dating a cop helps.

16. sinner

sinner New Member

I believe in the ladies old sying "why don't you take a picture". I'm checking ladies out all day long (as a matter of fact, there's a cute blond right now. I'm careful though to avoid staring. For that, there are plenty of pics and vids online.

17. Silverback

Silverback Member

Very good answer. I work the bars and clubs of Liverpool City Centre every 3rd weekend. The weather recently has been -9 degrees, common sense says you dress with layers. Women are still sexy with more than a belt and bra on, but a lot of women still wear said bra and belt. People will look it is human nature, some will look for sexual gratification, some will look out of interest ... some will look to surmise whether they think the scantily clad are sane or not. Everybody knows people look at the unexpected, if you dress in a manner people think is unconventional or abnormal I think it is only fair you expect that people will look.

18. JGB191

JGB191 Member

If you are single, then I certainly can't blame you for checking out the opposite sex. Opposites will usually have some attractiveness (if not a lot). People are always going to look; it's human nature.

Ladies and men, if you have the looks and are single, I'd say enjoy it. You have the envy of those of us that don't have as strong of sex appeal. I wish I could be checked out at least every now and then, and it is flattering (at least to me).

And please don't say you wouldn't be the least interested in looking at sexy celebrities, either in person or in the media.....they are people too, and you think they are bothered or not?

19. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

It happens to me all the time, so I just look back and smile. Now is someone is following me and staring I get a little spooked.

20. too_thick

too_thick Member

From my prospective .
    It only builds your confidence to a certain level then you hit a plateau. Thats when it gets kinda annoying.

I use aggressive body language if a guy is looking or staring.

Facial hair does work for me. it gets the most stares vs no facial hair so I am letting grow back.
    This was before I whacked it off.
    http://www.sexualforums.com/members/too_thick/albums/enjoy/1146-dsc00370r.jpg

At the rate it grows, it's going to take another 3 months before it gets back to where it was.