Does age have anything to do with it? Or is it her?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by IloveSex415, Jan 30, 2012.

1. IloveSex415

IloveSex415 New Member

Since the beginning of our relationship, my gf has not been lovey-dovey towards me. Maybe she just isn't that type. But it's gotten to the point where I don't feel appreciated. She says she likes me and, she wants a future. I'm crazy about her, and I want a future with her as well. She's 19.

I don't feel like she's opening up to me. Whenever I try to get her to talk about feelings she cant; it seems like she doesn't have any, I've told her this. She agrees. That's why I think she doesn't like me. She says she would break up with me if she didn't want to be with me, and if she didn't want a future with me. I trust that she would break it off.

She wants our relationship to be casual; She thinks it will not last if we are affectionate at the 3 month stage in our relationship.

I just wish she would surprise me sometimes, tell me nice things, make me feel appreciated! I text, call her, write her notes. And we I want to talk about feelings she feels smothered. I think she's taking me for granted.

2. backcheck64

Gold Member

If she's like most 19yr olds..she's too young to be tied down. She probably doesn't like you the way you want her too. If you're looking for more than a casual relationhship...move on.

3. mikeh

mikeh New Member

Enjoy being young, don't get tied down too early is my 1st piece of advice.

If she doesn't seem too concerned then go for the 'open' relationship thing. If she likes you she'll hit the ceiling and wont talk to you ever again, if she doesn't then she'll agree to it. OK, not ideal but atleast you'll know!

4. hoonos

hoonos New Member

They are never too young to want a free ride. If you are providing for her financially, THATis your true purpose as far as she is concerned.
    If not, then you should already be in an "open relationship".

5. 12barblues

Gold Member

i'm not sure why it is that you want an emotional relationship with someone who admits she "has no feelings"? seems obvious what you need to do, to me anyway...

6. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Either she's not ready or has a block with emotions and feelings.
    I will not judge her but at the same time say I don't think it's about to happen too soon. You have the option to stick it out and wait for things to change, or take your pain and move on, finding someone more like you look for. I was like you too, someone not into feelings or affection.
    Crazy like hell about her and yes it was difficult but I broke it off.
    I always think about her, she will allways have a spot in my heart and mind but we were not a good match. So this is where I'm coming from to tell you to choose to wait for it, or not. I suggest you don't wait and languish all this time. If she changes after you have the option to be with her, keep it open but don't let something good go to loss if you meet someone else.

7. Retro101

Retro101 New Member

Sounds like you're giving her cold feet (ie: smothering her) worst thing you can do to make a women uninterested in you. (and that's not to say men should not be affectionate)

Try doing the opposite for a few weeks - she might miss the affection and you may both find a happy middle ground.

good luck