Does a women being a little overwieight turn you off?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sallyT, Jun 20, 2007.

1. sallyT

sallyT New Member

Let's say 30-40 pounds? I'm so self concious about my body and I think this is one of the things that is affecting me to really let go during sex.

2. Beau Bonhomme

Beau Bonhomme New Member

Actually no. the problem is not with overweight in general but for me is goes with fat. If your overweight but in shape, you can be 100 pound over, but when I feel that the muscle never works... that's where it turn me of a bit.

And where is that overweight too... some places bother me more than others

The more important is that U love someone not only a body!

3. Webster695

Webster695 New Member

Sally, you know how big I am, and I am never at a loss for partners. Even when I'm not happy with my body, my partners usually are. ???

I've learned to fake the confidence, and then I start to have fun and forget about being self-conscious.

The fact that you're married and have gained since the marriage and kids may be a different story, but it sounds like you need to let go all the way around, sit your DH down (not in the middle of intimacy), and talk to him about how you feel, and what you think might be holding you back during love-making, including your weight.

He may not even be thinking about that, and you both may feel better after the heart-to-heart.

*hugs* :)

4. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Well, for starters, I can't tell you how many times i've heard "I like a girl with some meat on her bones. I'm always afraid I'll hurt a skinny girl." - Not that there's anything wrong with being skinny at all! You're just genetically lucky ;)

Now..I've found in my experience, that it's not always so much about weight. Of course, you'll find those guys who only want to talk to model types and that's it, but my theory is, hey, the models need guys too!

Overall, I think it's about how you carry yourself. If you walk around thinking "god, no one will want me because I'm a gross fat pig," you will give off that vibe, and in turn men will not find you attractive. If you say to yourself "hey, I'm pretty, and I have a lot to offer someone," men will find that attractive. I have a friend, she's about 300 lbs, but she's really nice and has self esteem, and men just crawl all over her. It's because she has self worth. I would say no matter what size you are, if you have no self esteem whatsoever, THAT is the most unattractive trait of all.

5. redmondmale1978

redmondmale1978 New Member

little overweight...

Hi Sally - 30 or 40lbs isn't such a big deal. my wife is about that much and I think she looks great with all her curves. nothing gets me more excited than that! :)

6. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I like voluptuous women, thats my SO body style

I like all other styles too, but I am partial to the voluptuous style, just as long as you are still able to fuction normally

7. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

For me i have dated large females, and average females....but never skinny ones...

I def wouldnt not wish to date a female that was larger ( more volumptious )

Guiys do tend to enoy a female that has self confidence ( not to be mistaken with arogance, no one really likes that ) ive seen and been one of the guys , thats been in a bar and all of a sudden a glimpse of a female strides past, nearly every guys attension is aimed towards her, shes not slim or skinny, but she exsudes a high sex appeal that guys swoon for :)

8. Steel

Steel Member

For me it’s intelligence, confidence, and spunk first…. Body comes later on the list.

9. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Thats right Kronnie, confidence is very erotic

10. sallyT

sallyT New Member

I do just need to let go I know for a fact my husband preferes more meat, he's always told me even before were married, that the sex with a woman is more exciting with some meat on her, instead of very skinny no curves.

11. sallyT

sallyT New Member

My husband has told me he likes my body as well, it's just me being hard on myself. I will try to not be hard on myself anymore.

12. Webster695

Webster695 New Member

Go for it girl!

Is there something that you both love about the way you look? Maybe you can try to focus on that feature every time you start find yourself feeling self-conscious. Snap out of the bad self-talk and get yourself back into the moment by using your eyes on him, or your lips, or your fingernails, or whatever you know can really turn you both on.

13. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Well, I think that along with breast size and everything else, it's all about personal preferences. I'm about 25-30 pounds overweight but it doesn't seem to bother my SO, and therefore it doesn't bother me.

14. Joseph S.

Joseph S. New Member

Being a little overweight is fine. Afterall, no one's perfect.

15. Stormy

Stormy New Member

I've found the more physically, morally and/or spiritually repulsive a man is, the more he seems to think he's entitled to a Super Model. Who, by the way, also get cellulite.

16. dan7564

dan7564 New Member

well put.

How much is 30 - 40 pounds in kilos?

17. kev921

kev921 New Member

If it bothers you that much, how can you truely love someone? The person I've fallen in love doesn't look the same today as she did when we met. After 3 kids and 17 years, she turns me on more today than ever before!

18. northokguy

northokguy New Member

"Overweight" or "heavy"?

I find muscular women with good muscle tone and healthy skin to be attractive, even if they are heavy. But women with fat bellies and saggy skin, like under the arms are extremely in attractive.

19. SexyScorp

Gold Member

"unattractive" is the word

and any guy who doesnt love their lovers saggy bits is
    probably not worth bedding anyway.....?

i had a young guy ask me once if I had any saggy bits
    when I asked why he said.....that is so so sexy, it makes a
    woman real....

He is 22 and fit and toned......he wants to bed a woman of 40
    plus who is a bit saggy

I would say that is what you would call a genuine and real man

Maybe i live in a different culture......but i find men here, generally
    speaking of course dont find "plastic" women attractive...

:)

20. sallyT

sallyT New Member

He does love me girls:p there not as perky as when we got married but he loves the size "D"

Thanks everyone for your responeses!!:bow I'm glad to see most men don't expect super model bodies :woohoo