Do you think global warming is to be partially blamed for irma and maria?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sensless, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Juniper

Gold Member

Thank you for the kick in the @ss. :) It's Scott Baio's fault. :p

2. sensless

sensless Well-Known Member

Let them argue! I've always heard that sex after an argument is very good.;)

3. afunk13

Gold Member

I just want to chime in that the meat industry with cow farming actually has more impact on the environment than fossil fuels and cars do. That's mostly to blame for global warming but no one really wants to open their eyes and make changes so that it doesn't happen. Humans are toxic to the environment the way we live our lives now. But either way hurricanes happen every year no matter how warm the planet is.

4. JacksinBucks

Gold Member

Weather patterns have been fluctuating since there was an atmosphere on this planet & that goes back billions of years. For instance, during the Age of Dinosaurs (the Mesozoic), the planet was very warm because there was a lot of carbon dioxide in the air. So you're on shaky ground to pass judgement about the exact cause of today's weather patterns.

The facts are that the planet in general is warming, especially the oceans. That means more evaporation which means more water vapor in the air. More water vapor + warmer temperatures = more huge tornadoes & hurricanes with much more rain fall.

To say that man's activities are to blame has a basis in fact. I've seen charts & graphs that show a correlation between average yearly temperatures beginning with the large scale burning of coal during the Industrial Revolution in the late 18th century & increasing with the rise of the automobile at the beginning of the 20th century.

I believe there is a conspiracy involving the big energy companies. Exxon-Mobil knew that burning fossil fuels caused globhal warming back in the 1970s & did nothing. A very effective storage battery for electric vehicles was patented but the patents were bought up by Chevron, who just filed them away because electric cars would be bad for their business.

I think we should have a project to develop alternative energy solutions on the same massive scale as the Manhattan Project. Pay for it by a big new tax on gas & diesel fuels which we would all share in paying. We have the means at hand to develop alternatives such as wind, solar, geothermal, tidal. But the current crop of idiots in Government have an agenda that would not support this.

#24 JacksinBucks, Oct 4, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    whybother and DayPlay3 like this.
  5. DayPlay3

Gold Member

@JacksinBucks

Good post, I do disagree about idiots in congress, I think Puppets is more accurate.

whybother likes this.
  6. whybother

Gold Member

And the answer lies in identifying the puppet masters.

7. DayPlay3

Gold Member

Enable- Secondary.jpg

You really don't want to know, do you.

whybother likes this.
  8. JacksinBucks

Gold Member

The big energy companies get billions of dollars in tax relief that they spend on lobbyists who write favorable legislation & who pay for the reelection campaigns of the politicians in Congress.

whybother likes this.
  9. whybother

Gold Member

The Koch brothers are running our country.

JacksinBucks likes this.
  10. JacksinBucks

Gold Member

I agree. There are actually 3 Koch brothers, all heavily invested in energy.

Their father made his (now their) money building oil refineries for Josef Stalin in the 1930s.

11. DayPlay3

Gold Member

But who is running yhe Koch Brothers?

Enable- Secondary.jpg

12. Juniper

Gold Member

COBRA COMMANDER AND THE UNSTOPPABLE WEATHER DOMINATOR!!!

sensless and JacksinBucks like this.
  13. Hornychick

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    Just from being from the southeast
    The weather has always been the same. Nothing's changed you have some good years and some really bad ones. In all honesty the only thing that has changed is the news reporting on it from when I was younger.
    Weather is gonna happen, I do not believe that global warming has anything to do with hurricanes. And I've been through quite a lot of hurricanes and tropical storms.( and by me posting this message I don't want to get into a debate with anyone just posting my opinion):p;)

Mikey22 and Juniper like this.
  14. Juniper

Gold Member

@Hornychick is attracting the hurricanes with her round, magnetic hiney!!!! She's in kaboots with Cobra Commander I tell you!!!!

JacksinBucks likes this.
  15. Mikey22

Gold Member

I don't buy in to the global warming stuff. 40 or so years ago it was all about global cooling. We were all going to freeze to death. And when it didn't happen, those scientific professors invented global warming. And they've taken that one about as far as they can. So today they're using the term climate change.

Because after all, it's the weather. And it's going to change all the time anyway. Even if you could eliminate fossil fuels and every form of pollution known to man. The weather is going to do what the weather is going to do. And there's not nothing anyone can do about it.

16. deepvoicedan

deepvoicedan Member

Scientists are unanimous in their belief that humans are having a negative effect on the planet.

My view is that whether that is true or not, I will happily spend time and money on more environmentally friendly practices, fuels etc. After all, even if it turns out not to be true: I hate pollution and I don't like the idea of stuffing all of our waste underground.

sensless likes this.