Do you talk about sex with your friends?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Jayce, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

Guys and gals, tune in here. Do you talk about sex with your friends? What gender are the friends you're referencing to with your answer?

2. re_man

re_man New Member

everytime around my friends jokes and talks ...
    they re about 22 generalymy classmates:)
    there s not secret around us..

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

Nope, not ever.

4. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Most of my friends are 30 something stay at home moms. I confess, sex discussions are usually limited to somewhat crude jokes... :lol
    Once in a while we discuss sex, but it often digresses to complaining over the difference between men and women. I don't like to dwell on that, so that's where I check out.

5. heelfetish

Gold Member

Wait, I do talk about sex with my friends here on :sf. But not in RL.

6. Jayce

Gold Member

Actually the reason I ask is I'm trying to get a better understanding of something.

There's this girl I've been chasing after for a while, and we've grown really close. We started as friends, dated for a few weeks, stopped because she didn't want to rush into anything, and now we're kind slowly moving forward. Sometimes I'm unsure as to whether or not our friendship is a brotherly/sisterly friendship or if it's a friendship that's establishing a foundation for a relationship in the near future. But anyway, we talk about sex pretty frequently. It's not really perverted at all. It's very mature conversations we have, and we've learned a lot from one another.

So I just wanted to ask other folks here if they frequent the sex topic among their friends. Because to me, the fact that we talk about sex kind of strays me away from the brotherly/sisterly chance, and more towards the foundation for relationship thing.

If that makes sense?

7. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

I have always talked about sex with my friends. Mostly guys but sometimes girls too. Alot of the same stuff we talk about here.

8. Jayce

Gold Member

But have you gone in depth and actually asked what each other liked and how they felt about certain things? It's strange because with the way we talk about it you'd think we had already had sex and were just catching up so we know for future reference what is/what isn't.

9. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Hell yeah we go in depth. It's amazing how much one or two drinks can loosen a persons lips. Girls talk just as much as the guys do about what they like, what they don't like, different stuff they have tried and what they would like to do.

10. Jayce

Gold Member

So does that mean that the fact her and I talk so openly isn't in my favor? :( But then again, she told me that she's barely even told her closest girlfriend some of this stuff. Seems like I'm the only one she talks to like this. So maybe it is in my favor?

I want her. :(

11. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

Jayce I wasn't going to say anything, but since I've had a few drinks and I've losened up a little I'll illustrate Lime Lights point. :D :lol

The only friend I discuss stuff like that with, is a guy I've been friends with since I was 13. He's seen and knows more about me than I would ever want anyone I was romantically interested in to see or know about. If I weren't married he would still be my closest friend, but there's no way I could see us dating. Back when I was single, we never dated for the same reason. I guess he was always in 'the friend zone'.

Remember though, you could score major points by being this girls special friend. If you really care about her, and you really want her, maybe continue being close with her this way, and hope for the best, it could turn out well for you two, you don't know unless you try. ;)

Hang in there. I'm sure it's confusing and frustrating at times. :ugh

12. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Well to me that shows a comfort level and trust on her part. Which means there is no "creepy factor" in there which is definately in your favor. Is there any talk about the two of you in any of these scenarios or is it just stuff both of you have done and people you want to bang?

13. NaughtyKnickers

Gold Member

"creepy factor" .. :lol

You make a good point Lime Light, "Creepy factor" is a huge inhibitor and obviously Jayce is transcending that category.

14. Jayce

Gold Member

Well, it's not in the sense of what we'd do to EACH OTHER if we'd have sex, that's not the way we really discuss these things. We just kind of state our likes and dislikes and views on certain things. That's really what it boils down to.

15. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

Does she talk about other guys or old boyfriends or anything or is it just things she likes and doesn't like when you talk?

16. doberman

doberman New Member

i'd say it goes in your favor jayce.. i talk even to strangers about very sexual or personal topics.. but i have a big mouth. altough, i never talk crap, people probably tend to think i am bullshiting.. and i might support that in my behaviour like smiles or making jokes.. but usually i am all straight about what i am saying..

17. Jayce

Gold Member

Well, of course we have to talk about past experiences about what we like/dislike. But she never ever says "I used to love it when my ex did this..."

No names or anything are mentioned of past relationships. However, like I said, it is pretty obvious that you have to realize that her and I both speak from what experience we have so... YEAH, we are talking about past relationships. NO, we don't mention names or anything of that nature. Simply like/dislike/beliefs/and that shit.

18. SexyScorp

Gold Member

I used to when I was younger.....Jeeeez in graphic details too....

I am a little more private as I get older...the respect thing I suppose...

What I mean is I wouldnt want to discuss my man with anyone in detail...cos I respect him...but...

As for general discussion YEAH....as in "ooohhh i met this bloke and I would love to stand over him and taunt the life outt him and then sit on his face etc etc"

You know that type of chat?

:)

19. LimeLight

LimeLight New Member

OK, here is what I think with the limited info I have on this. When a person keeps bringing up a name or a specific person all the time that is a hint that you are in "the friend zone" as NaughtyKnickers stated earlier. Good line Naughty I hope you don't mind me borrowing it.
    To me when a person keeps referring back to a specific past relationship all the time they are still hung up on that other person. Also when a person talks about other people being cute or stuff they want to do to them, and I don't mean movie stars I mean like someone from accounting, that means they think of you more as a friend.
    When they talk about likes and dislikes and leaving out the names to me that means they are choosing their words more carefully and are trying not to offend you or chase you away and maybe likes you enough that you are more likely in the "potential dating zone".

20. Dreama

Gold Member

I have no reservations with talking about sex with my girl or guy friends, if someone brings it up first. I never just start talking about it without someone else bringing it up..