Do you miss being a teenager?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Untamed, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

So I just caught up with one of my girlfriends. We had a good ol' yarn and I asked her how she met her now boyfriend.

She said for the past year and a half she had seen him dropping his children off at school and thought to herself "damn he's hot" every time she saw him. Then one day months later she saw his kids Mum at the local pub and she said "oh yeah I've seen your husband dropping your kids off at school" she told her that he's her ex and that she should go for it if she thinks he's hot!

so more months later she dropped a note in his letter box saying she was one of her friends and that she had a friend that thought he was hot and here was her number.

She ended up finding out his number from another source and text him. He replied that he was just about to text her but he didn't know who she was and that she could tell him if she wanted. So an hour later she text him saying that she was the lady that was scoping out his van earlier and said hi :p (She was looking for a phone number on his work van)

He replied oh yeah I definitely know who you are.

They text all night that night and then all night the next.

They saw each other at school the next week and she explained how she was beside herself and shy that he was talking to her "The hot guy" is talking to me!

Now this lady is one year older than me. It was the best story I had heard in a very long time about couples meeting up from a friend of mine and gave me "I remember having those kind of feelings as a teenager" goosebumps!

Was very refreshing and inspiring :)

Can anyone else here relate to that feeling?

2. hornyscot

hornyscot New Member

the feelings i have now are so much stronger than when i was a teenager, but they are very similar, but, i suppose being in love is being in love no matter your age, it just gets so much stronger when you are older because you are much more aware of how to cope with them

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I guess I meant the whole butterflies in your stomach.. feeling like you can't breathe, having the time to crush on someone and the whole chase for the guy/girl you like as a teenager.

Believe me I had some fun times with my ex husband at high school.. creeping/biking passed his house at night and then yelling something and he would come to the window.. and we (a friend and I) would duck into the shadows giggle and then carry on home. Then I would ring him later and tell him it was me and he would say why didn't you say hi.. and I would simply reply I was too shy. (stalker much!)

Then "oh my god he's not at school today.. damnit! today is going to be so lame. Nothing good to look at.. oh well" then turn to my friend and say "I guess we'll be sitting around this area to scope out on your guy" lol

I wrote him letters everyday and would walk up to him and give him his letter in front of all his friends and they would all go "oooohhhh somebody likes you" my face would go bright red LOL I would then run off to my friends and giggle about it and how his eyes were sparkling when I gave him it :p

Her telling me her story reminded me of the feelings that were going on inside me around that time and how much fun it was :)

BTW - I find at my age that I have so much to learn about myself and how to deal with emotions as I haven't been on my own for so long. It's nice to have such an open canvas

#3 Untamed, Sep 6, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  4. Maverick

Maverick Member

No, I don't miss those misguided feelings. Lust flies. It's better now. You see something you want, you go for it.

5. luvbug

Gold Member

I agree with DB...I dont miss being a teenager at all. But then again...being an adult isnt fun either.:(

6. Maverick

Maverick Member

Go for what you want, Luv.

7. luvbug

Gold Member

Hard to do when what you want doesnt want you DB :(

8. Trond

Gold Member

I remember very well, and I definitely fell head over heels a couple of times, but things didn't work out for me as a teenager for many reasons: I was too shy and nerdy, I liked girls who were a couple of years older, I looked like I was a couple of years younger than I was, most of the girls liked guys who were older........and probably some other things as well. By the time I was in my early twenties I had more-or-less given up and thought I would never have a girlfriend (I slept with call-girls a couple of times). So no, I don't really miss being a teenager, but I see what you're talking about.

9. Maverick

Maverick Member

Well, broaden your horizon. There's millions of men in this world that are decent. All it takes is opening up a little and putting yourself out there. :)

10. luvbug

Gold Member

Putting myself out there..like a slut?? J/K..lol

11. Maverick

Maverick Member

No, just be yourself on any forum, or dating site, and you'll find someone. Try Adult Friend Finder. That's a wonderful site for finding sex stuff.

12. luvbug

Gold Member

Dont do dating sites. Ive never had luck finding mr.right....sure as hell dont want mrs.right..lol

13. Maverick

Maverick Member

Hence, put yourself out there. :)

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

Nah, I was an idiot as a teenager. It's hard to believe I actually survived some of the stupid shit I did, with no regard for myself or those close to me.

15. Meee

Gold Member

In two months, I won't be a teenager anymore. Sometimes I can't wait, and sometimes I want to be twelve again. I didn't go through a lot of crushes and fluttery feelings and so on, and sometimes I miss that. I think it would have been fun.

I've heard that adults do revert to being teenagers when they have an interest in somebody. And I think I've seen it myself. One time, I saw a very famous TV news reporter in his mid-fifties, one of the most famous men in the world. When he was on TV, he was always suave. But when I saw him in person, he was talking to a young woman and he was squirming, fidgeting, pulling on his collar, and doing everything I always saw boys doing when I was in high school. That reaction never goes away.

16. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It was a lot of fun back then definitely got me through most of high school :p

This is so true. When my friend was telling me of her romance it took me back to High School days and how my girlfriends and I talked about guys then.

#16 Untamed, Sep 7, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  17. mrmusicmr

mrmusicmr New Member

high school days were so amazing.

18. Maverick

Maverick Member

Maybe it is that way for some, but most adult's I know (I'm talking about those mature enough in their relationships, and that have good self esteem) don't have a problem like that. I know I don't, no matter how hot, how much I like a woman, or what not.

I'm in the party that acting like a teenager when you're 25, 30, 46......is just bad, and shows a lot about that person's maturity level in the relationship area.

19. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

They were :)

Something great came from my teenage shenanigans .. My two handsome little boys!

20. Essene

Gold Member

I wish I could go back to high school and completely be my alternate self.

However, no. I can safely say that I do not miss being a teenager. I was so much more socially awkward then. It suited me, and still does. I really haven't matured much since my teens. In fact- I'm probably more immature now. I wouldn't want to waste time going back.