[Ask a Guy] Do you like tomboys?

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by Barbwire, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Barbwire

Gold Member

So guys, do you like women that go around with no makeup or jewelry wearing unisex clothes and lifting heavy things or are you into girlie girls?

2. Beach

Beach New Member

I LOVE a girl that will get dirty when needed...Sports a baseball cap and all that. But they have to be attractive to me. My GF will go that route and I love her for it...

I'll do a double take for a Hot Tomboy over a over dressed priss every time.

3. johnson8386

johnson8386 New Member

my gf loves to hunt and fish and has a t-top camaro....but sometimes she cleans up real nice n looks great....nothing like sex in the woods.

4. Lucky

Lucky New Member

Yes, very much! But I also like them looking like a lady. There is a lot to be said for variety. I find the Tomboy types to be much more aggresive and I like that at times.

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

Either type is fine by me. Reminds me of a former mistress's lesbian lover, short hair and butch, my mistress bisexual, and me. She wanted us to have a threesome which was her and her girlfriend, then she and me; all on the one bed but no touching between the couples at the two acts (hard for me to keep my hands off when they started first). It all worked out nicely, and the heterosexual male and the butch lesbian discovered we had more than a few points of commonality. Our love of the female form, our love of femininity, and how we both aroused our female partners. Which is what my former mistress wanted us to find out.

6. Marcpatrick

Marcpatrick New Member

Nice question.

I was thinking about this topic but in a different way. I went out with some friends last Thursday and we came across lots of women in our nocturnal perambulations across the bars and clubs of my city. I noticed a lot of 'girlie' types and quite a few 'women' types. I don't come across many typical tomboy types, but what I did notice is that conversations and encounters with 'women' are a lot more engaging than with 'girls'.

I find girlie girls to be quite vain and self-absorbed. Also usually very conventional in their ideas and opinions. For me a 'woman' is someone who engages my interest in a conversation and has an adventurous streak, and has a mind of her own.

I guess I've substituted 'tomboy' for 'woman' here, but for me there is little difference between the two as far as character is concerned.

7. Northside

Gold Member

Yep I like a jeans and tee shirt gal who isn't all made up and fake. They are more comfortable with themselves and more fun to be around. Natural beauty is much nicer than Maybellene and hairspray.

8. PassionateMale

PassionateMale New Member

I'd say my girl is a little more of a tomboy, but she can dress up and look amazing too. I like when she is just lounging in sweat pants. Lifting weights? Nah lol.

9. heelfetish

Gold Member

My wife fits that description, so yes. :)

10. RestoringTally

RestoringTally New Member

The women in my life have gravitated more toward the tomboy type. I think it would be nice to be around someone who celebrates their femininity more, though.

11. NewGuy85

NewGuy85 Active Member

Depends on how tomboyish, cuz feminine is definitely good to me. But a girl who will get dirty is great. One who will ride a dirt bike and all. And one with a guyish sense of humor is a huge turn on for me. But physically, womanly is nice. Not prissy and made up, but not butch

12. LilBAM

Gold Member

I prefer tomboys too. My opinion's similar to NewGuy's, some feminine qualities are nice, but if a girl's more tomboyish, that's a big plus to me. Having a mix of the two to me is GREAT! For example, my best friend(who's a girl obviously) is into sports, video games, and cars, but she also likes shopping. That's a perfect mix for me. :D Too bad she doesn't like me back like that.

13. Moviewolfie

Moviewolfie New Member

Tomboys are so cute :)

14. htoad

htoad Active Member

I like balance. I like women who can be tomboyish at the appropriate times, but feminine as well at the appropriate times. Extremes to either side do not attract me. My wife enjoys working out, hiking, biking, etc and is definitely in "tomboy mode" at these times, but when we go out on a date she is all sexy and feminine ( but not fussy).

By the way, I see makeup as a separate issue - I know more than a few women who wear little to no makeup who are still very feminine. Personally I am not into those who wear a lot of makeup, it causes me to wonder "that is not what they look like, what do they really look like?" That is probably why I will never go for a Hollywood actress. :)

15. sexualdeviant

sexualdeviant New Member

A resounding yes.

16. mkm

mkm New Member

Yeah. There is something hot about a girl who can kick your ass and is not afraid to get dirty doing things.

17. Maetrix

Maetrix New Member

I've always had a thing for Tomboys. There's something that really gets my rocks off with being able to hang out and pal aournd with a person all day AND have sex with them.

The best tomboys I've known are those who know how to flip the masculine and femanine traits at just the right time (And which traits to flip).

I think what the big lure for me was, growing up I never had any sisters or close female friends so girls were a complete mystery. The tomboyish ones knew how to break down the barriers between boys and girls and allowed me to explore girls without getting all self-concious. With a tomboy, I didn't have to worry about how I talked or joked and allow me to ignore my natural inhibitions.

18. Knine86

Knine86 Member

Actually i am into a woman that can be a lot of things. I don't mind what she is like normally as long as she can be a lot of different things. Weather she is tom or girly normally as long as she be the opposite and when need be, elegant, in pajamas, or nothing at all. As long as she is adaptable.

19. martin9p2

martin9p2 Member

There is a shortage of girlie-girls in the world and plenty of plain ones who don't take care of themselves in a feminine way (tomboys), especially in the USA.

20. Barbwire

Gold Member

My, what an interesting factoid. Can you please tell us where you found the data that backs up your claim?