Do people gradually build up to the ideal partner?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by sexisgood, Jun 24, 2007.

1. sexisgood

sexisgood New Member

One of my friends was saying how he is having fun dating this girl but they haven't even been together that long..maybe 2 months, and he is already talking about being bored and wanting more. Then he went on to say how she has basically been the person he can practice on, get comfortable with, and suggesting that its the point in the relationship where he feels he can move up. Now that he is comfortable with many of the sexual things, he feels he deserves more.

So is that how most people work? Is it how you work? Its probably not something we think about much but probably true for lots of people.

2. Halogen

Halogen New Member

That's not how I work, personally. Unless they start treating me badly, then I think "pfft, I can find a nicer man."

3. sexisgood

sexisgood New Member

The real question is though, lets say you are just starting out. Lets say you are even a virgin. Would a person risk having sex for the first time with a person they found hot? Or would a person go with someone they found below them to gain that experience first? I think thats the thing. If you feel you lack experience, most will not risk going after their ideal partner for fear that they are not fully equipped.

4. Halogen

Halogen New Member

Oh, I'm sorry! I misunderstood your question. I'll be back later with a response :)

5. Darknight

Darknight New Member

Not at all, my current partner (who I met at 16 (both of us) and were now both 18 (2 and a half years) i had no experience, but i just felt so comfortable with her (after about four months of being together) and her with me - that we went for it. As i said, were still together now, and she cant be far off my ideal partner! (after all...how the hell is anybody supposed to know who their ideal partner is? You cant have a checklist - and if all the boxes are ticked - WHAM - connection....not at all. You just gotta take your chances :) thankfully my chance paid off! And before you say it - I know - I'm young. But just think - if you were in my position at my age, you would have known what you were doing, right? :p