Do people generally equal SF to having a personals ad online?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Polly, May 6, 2012.

1. Polly

Polly Member

Just curious as I've been having a little discussion about it this morning. Would your partner view just being on this site as cheating? Does he/she feel like it's the same as having an ad to meet other people online? Do some people feel like just discussing sex with a bunch of strangers is cheating?

My opinion is that if people cross a certain line and it stops being a "discussion" and starts being "sexual" (more like having cybersex) it's dancing on the line of cheating.

What do you all think?

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

My SO and I are both members here. I don't see this as cheating. We joined here to open up our relationship more and help with communication regarding sex. It's made a huge impact in our relationship with communication as well as trying new things.

3. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

My partner's not a member as he's not interested in computers at all but he's often hanging around when I'm on here. I even discuss some of the more controversial threads with him. He knows I receive PM's from other members and doesn't worry himself over it.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Aha, well I have recently gone through this very thing.
    She never knew that I was here and even communicating one on one with other women; that was my private world which I did not want to share.
    Bloody careless one day I left my computer online to SF and she found it still logged on and went about searching and found some real revealing stuff and confronted me. How could I deny? Could not but at same time felt relief that In was no longer living a double life.
    Anyway for the next three weeks she trawled all my posts whilst I totally withdrew in sorrow but guess what!
    She was amazed at the revelations and said something like; you are a real gent helping people understanging themselves and one of the nicest posters on that site.
    Cudos alright but in truth although baring all on my past have always mentioned her in positive terms. She appreciated that very much.

5. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, who are you most likely to have sex with? Who do you come home to? Who do you share your life with?

While, I cn accept that there are some risks with this, it is fun and maybe a hell of a lot less of a risk than having sex with another partner.

6. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

I wouldn't care as long as it wasn't used inappropriately, much like you said about cybersex ECT.

7. Trond

Gold Member

Only if you have a relationship in which a little flirting is out of the question. My wife does not count me going to strip clubs as cheating (besides, we sometimes go together). Others vary from swinger couples to very strictly monogamous relationships.

8. Texas_Red

Gold Member

It depends entirely on your intention of joining. Most of us I think come here to discuss things, learn more, and maybe teach others a thing or two. Some come to flirt it up, and maybe some come specifically to try to fond another partner. Who knows really? All I know is that as long as you come here with questions and your intentions are not based on being deceitful with your partner, then there should be no issue.

9. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Theres no cybersex here. Nothing to worry about. Thats what have AOL chatrooms are for. We just discuss out experiences and questions about sex, maybe a little friendly flirt here and there, but nothing more.

10. OverSinged

Gold Member

I came here because I got bored, and I was horny, but mainly because I was bored.

11. 12barblues

Gold Member

i think we have all kinds of people here...seems the ones that spend their time in "the threads" probably are not doing as much "flirting" ..but ive noticed there are many , many members that do nothing but pm when logged on ...some have never made a single post...so one would have to believe there is a bit of "cyber sex " stuff going on there...but i dont think it matters much. If you have a partner , and that partner is ok with whatever it is youre doing on here..then whats the harm in it?
    I dont flirt much on here...i did it once when i first joined and it just didnt do anything for me. Sluttyfairy didnt care..(as i gave her my passcode and told her she could check my pm's anytime she wanted...)
    Now her on the otherhand...she loves to flirt, and get nasty.... and i actually like it when she does , but we both have felt that the people on here are too "gentlemanly" for her and she has kinda gotten bored and wandered off.. ( maybe theyre gentlemanly because we are like a family on here and they dont want to be disrespectful to us).so anyway,thats OUR take on it...two different perspectives i guess ...lol..

12. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

No, I was unaware than SF even had personals until now.

13. somhairle

It is really interesting what you say there. I have been discussing this recently and wondered about that. I actually thought of running a poll on the expectations of the females on the board to 'hardcore' comments and PMs but really thought it was an issue best not brought into the open.
    Certainly making me think of my own 'style'.
    And you are very right about the size of the board affecting attitudes. It is difficult to be 'hardcore' with someone who has become a tight friend.

14. thunderseed

Gold Member

Nah I don't come on here to hook up. And I hardly ever look at my inbox messages either. I just discuss sexual things on the forums when im here. And I guess Im also kind of anti social. And I like to talk about myself a lot LoL.

I also haven't found anyone for a long time who was into cybersex chats. I love it, but these days all people just type one dirty sentence and the next line is, "Do you have any pics?" And im like FUCK OFF -_- I don't want pics i just want to have e-sex. But yeah, picture trading ruined everything.

15. OverSinged

Gold Member

I don't need this place for cybersex, I'm able to find it without even trying XD or in this last case, I was introduced to a friend's friend and she's pretty awesome, if a bit paranoid at times.

16. somhairle

Damn......you mean you haven't been reading all those quality PMs that I send you. What a waste of effort........ :p

17. Splendid_Thoughts

Gold Member

I did not join for cybersex. hookups or even flirting (although a little healthy flirting never hurt...hehe).

I think a number of previous posters have hit the nail oin the head. The regular posters on here are like family and last time I checked...incest is illegal.

Anyway, I don't regard it as cheating as I am not ashamed of anything I have posted or written.

18. OverSinged

Gold Member

For the incest bit, I don't think it's actually illegal, just frowned upon by society. And I'm with Somhairle, I spend hours making sure to use just the right words for nothing! Excuse me while I go cry myself to sleep :p

19. Splendid_Thoughts

Gold Member

I should have clarified...sorry. Incest is illegal here in Australia. Apologies.

I always read my PM's....feel free to use your perfectly chosen words on me. ;)

20. CleaverFace

CleaverFace New Member

I've been thinking of this line forever, so let me run it by you:

"I want you to play Hungry-Hungry Hippo with my cock."

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm quite the charmer.

On topic: I can imagine somebody walking by their partner's computer and thinking "sexualforums.com" couldn't possibly be something innocent, but I'm sure some talking over would do. I'm terribly single, so I can theoretically hit on whomever on this site.