Do Looks Matter As Much To Women As They Do To Men?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by shazam120, Aug 7, 2007.

1. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

I've been told by a couple girls that I was cute or good looking, but recently I posted a picture on HotorNot and it didn't get rated very well (big ego blow). Maybe it was just a bad picture...but even if I really am not that great looking, is there still a chance of me getting hot girls?

Do women care as much about hotness as gys do?

2. I.Hollywould

I.Hollywould New Member

Don't judge yourself based on what people at HotorNot say - it's an anonymous rating service.

There's no "one answer" to if women care about "hotness." I have friends that always go for the "OMGHOTT!" type of guy, whereas I tend to shy away from them and go for the pensive-looking "cute" guys. Every single girl has a different preference. My best advice is for you to try to forget about "hotness" and concentrate on being clean, being kind, and being funny. These things, above all, will really capture a girl's interest more than "hotness" - any girl really worth your invested time.

Of course, this advice is all geared toward someone who is looking for a non-superficial girl. Seems like you just want the "hot girls." I don't know how to give you advice for that request, as it seems hypocritical of you to ask how to get the "hot girls" while at the same time expressing distress that you may not be hot enough to get "said girls."

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Some do and some don't, but (and here's the good news) the best ones don't. If you're intelligent, clean, a good conversationalist, witty, have a quick smile and are genuine, MOST gals will see you as a hottie regardless of your facial features or not-so-great abs. Be the best you can be but keep your humility and you'll do fine.

4. Barbwire

Gold Member

I think it is human nature to see a person for the first time, check them out and rate them. You may see a beautiful girl and think you'd like to sleep with her. You may see a woman that has features that don't appeal to you and you think, naw, I'll pass. Men and women both do this.

Now, this intial impression isn't really all that important when you look at the grand scheme of things, if it did, there in no way in hell that Juila Roberts would have married Lyle Lovett, right?

I would not fret that some random people on the internet don't drool all over your picture. What I would be more concerned about it forming relationships with people who get to know you on a much deeper level and see you for who you really are, regardless of what you look like.

5. Massaker

Massaker New Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Just because someone doesn't find you attractive doesn't mean you aren't attractive.

6. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

:lol Now there's a perfect example if I've ever seen one!

7. Pride

Pride New Member

Ahh well i have to say that you see like a guy that you would look at and see his girl and wonder how the hell he got her with his looks. Women for the most part care about looks but its more of a personality and how that person can make them feel thing.

I mean the problem with that is it seems most of the time the better looking girls are a lil too stuck up to even try to get to know a person unless they qualify with what they want looks wise. Which may sound wrong but i guess i cant argue with it because i am pretty shallow to a degree in that way. And i dotn want to sound like a hypocrite lol.

Here is a line that i once used about pictures anyways.

I know girls that if you go to like their myspace or sumthing and look at their pictures it would make u step back and be like damn...wtf....but if you see them in person those same people often make me go "DAMN i want to fuck"...lol pictures mean nothing. :)

8. pulkpull

pulkpull New Member

yes, i believe looks matter as much, if not more, to women than to men. i see a lot more unattractive girls going out with decent looking guys than the other way around. True, most women also look at the bigger picture, i.e., humor, intelligence, creativity, compassion, etc. But if a guy is ugly, none of that matters (unless he's rich or famous or drives a sweet car). Physical appearance makes up 90-100% of first impressions which are the most important. A girl usually knows within a minute if she's interested or not.

Somebody here mentioned myspace. Take a look at any "hot" guy's myspace pictures and you'll find 9356 comments, all to the effect of "OMG hottie!" or "please f**k me".

Looks are subjective only to a small degree. A lot of beauty is universal. Brad Pitt is just as good looking anywhere else on earth as he is here.

9. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Hot or Not!!! My rating there after 300 ratings is 7.7. Believe me I'm not a 7.7.:D

10. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I think that alot of a man's 'beauty' comes from his personality.

Some men are just plain drop-dead gorgeous from the get-go. But not many. I know of many men that I feel are extremely attractive, but it's because I also know a bit of their heart/soul/personality. If I were to see them in a line-up, perhaps they would be blahblahblah, but because I know and enjoy them as a person, they are WAY hot to me. Then again, i know of some men that have all the physical characteristics of a "hunk", but I wouldn't do them if they were the last man on earth!! Why? Because they are jerks.

And if it's a dating thing, when a woman gets to know you and likes what she learns, then you move WAY up the food chain of hotness. We women are very emotionally driven. A pretty face is crap without a pretty heart to match.

jmho

11. shazam120

shazam120 New Member

Really? Most of the time I see decent looking guys going out with better looking women.

And I don't want to sound like a shallow Hal, but come one, I am not going to approach someone I find unattractive versus a woman who is good looking... That's what I meant by "can I still get hot girls."

12. I.Hollywould

I.Hollywould New Member

Well put. This is exactly how I feel too.

13. ian66

ian66 New Member

people dont tend to take them thigns seriously, go by what ppl say to ur face!

14. ian66

ian66 New Member

well thats wat i think anyway

15. Bluesy

Gold Member

I'm with CL on this. Now some people are less concerned with looks than others, but the women who place a greater emphasis on personality are looking for guys who also place a greater emphasis on personality when looking for a partner (it all has to do with compatibility dynamics).

I guess the best way I can sum this up is: Are you rich? Since looks are a priority to you, and that's going to turn off the women who are mainly interested in personality, you'd be best off looking for a hot woman who wants a sugar daddy. Start accumulating that wealth now! ;)

16. Dreama

Gold Member

Make sure you look at a woman's personality before you try to get into a relationship with her. If the only reason you like her is because she's 'hot', I think you have a mighty big problem. Isn't it really whether you connect with someone or not? Looks are not everlasting. If you marry a beautiful woman, she may not always be beautiful to you unless there are other things more lasting behind your relationship. Superficiality is not really the best route to take.

Having said that, I think your best bet is not to worry about it. If you are a good guy, who isn't afraid to be himself, women will respond to that, even the 'hot' ones.

17. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm one of those women who doesn't really trust drop-dead gorgeous guys, but this is only due to my personal experiences with one of them in particular. My ex-boyfriend was very handsome indeed...but he was very aware of that and used it to his advantage. Of course I'm aware that not all good-looking guys are jerks but let's just say that I've been treated a lot better by the less than drop-dead gorgeous men in my life.

18. cbrmale

Gold Member

By observation, the not-good-looking men do not attract women as well as average-looking (or better) men. I doubt if a man has to be hot or gorgeous to get a wonderful partner, but being handsome does help. Personality counts, of course, but for personality to kick in there needs to be an initial attraction to one another. Often that initial attraction to stop and learn of each other's personality comes from an initial physical attraction based on good looks.

19. redorn

redorn New Member

women tend to be less interested in size and physical characteristics and care more about "confidence" and like a few people have said, about how you look relects your personality.

If I just look in their vague direction when I'm talking to a girl and look bored, they're rarely interested, but when I have a grin like I'm having the time of my life, looking deep into their eyes with my patented Burning Gaze (can also toast bread from ten paces) I can see a dramatic difference.

not that having rippling muscles, a fabulous tan and a smile that can cause traffic accidents doesn't help *poses dramaticly, then realises he lacks all three and finds somewhere to hide*

20. xplodez

xplodez New Member

I will say that i dont have any problem picking up hot girls, but.. the thing is, im fairly good looking just being honest, but i also want a girl who has some personality, i by no means would date the nicest funniest ugly girl, but i want something in the middle, or a real hotty who has it all (not always the case either, many are shallow and have their own self interests), The biggest thing that i have learned as i used to be a LOOKS only kind of guy.. When you really get to know a girl you think is real cute from the get go, once you realise she is a good, caring person too... She just became the HOTTEST girl you have ever seen, its weird how a connection with somone can change the looks, and i used to say bullshit, but you dont realise until it actually happens to you, and once it does you realise the hottest are not always the best..