Do I have a right to know?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Ice Cold, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ice Cold

Ice Cold New Member

In November i broke up with my girl friend of almost 2 years, we have remained friends and only just recently stopped hanging out more than once a week. It was a hard split because we both still love each other very much so it was extremly hard to actually stop acting like we were together. In the last two weeks she has been hanging out with a new guy and she just yesterday told me she likes him. It shook me and surprised me, because to me it seems so soon, she told me at first he was just a friend. Last week she told me she hung out with some friends and ended up spending the night over his house wathcing movies, she said nothing happened and I believed her because i couldnt even think that she could even be interested in someone else at the time, i really thought she just was meeting new people through old ones i dont know why, i just guess i thought she felt the same way i did and wasnt even thinking about anyone else let alone another relationship. But now i come to find out that she likes him and has been hanging out with him late at night. my question is, do i have to right to ask her if she has become intimate with him? I know im not her man anymore and its none of my business, but we were extremly close, we went through a lot together, as some of you may recall; and i still consider her my best friend, and she says the same, although now, i really am doubting a lot she tells me, not because she wants to decieve me, but because she doesnt want to hurt me. we even had a mini intervention about her depression and fears about now being a graduate with her parents on new years day.
    I want to know because i know i need to move on, and if she has already taken the first steps, it will be a strong encouragement for me too.

2. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Hmmm...interesting question. I don't think you have a "right to know". Sorry...it's her business and she can choose whether she shares it with you or not. (Now, consider that I haven't read the prior threads, so I really don't know the history or anything...so pardon me if I'm misjudging here.)

That said, if she's your best friend, then you should be comfortable asking her what you need to know AND you should be comfortable telling her what you just said above about "if she has already taken first steps, it will be a strong encouragement for me too". If she's your best friend, then she'll want to be honest with you, and I would think would choose telling you the truth (which might sting a little) versus hiding it from you and setting you up to be more hurt down the road. You might want to let her know that if she is taking her first steps that it won't harm your friendship (if that's truly the case, of course).

Or if you guys have already split up, maybe you don't need to ask her...maybe just go ahead and move on, and keep her as a friend?

HTH,
    BD

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

Perfect wisdom from Mr. BassDude :tup

4. slamd097

slamd097 New Member

Time to move on, she did..sorry, but it is what happened.

5. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I know it seems like a really short time since you guys broke up and she started seeing someone else, but it's been a month and a half. If she'd started seeing someone else within a day or two then I'd say that was a little too soon for comfort.

I realize that you still love and care for her a great deal, but you're still thinking of her as if she's your girlfriend. Keep in mind that she's not, and if she wants to be someone else's girlfriend or sleep with someone else then it's none of your business. I mean I'm sure she would never expect you to be completely forthcoming about the details of your next relationship.

It's time to let her go.

6. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I don't know why you'd *want* to know. It's only going to hurt a lot. I think you're better off wishing her well, and moving on.

7. cook74

Gold Member

Are you seeking a partner?

Maybe some time apart from your ex, even though you remain close, might be good for both of you and help you both to move on.

8. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Fascinating...

...just fascinating.

We need a forum called "The Bar" where people can come and get things out of their system.

Dude, with a little luck, she went down on him and gave him the best blow job of his life and then he licked her until she came. Twice. And then they fucked like pigs the rest of the night and they both thoroughly enjoyed it.

Now, with a little more luck, you'll move on with you life, remember the good times and see if you can find you a girl friend you really like who will like you. Then, with a little luck she'll give you the best...

It hurts. Just for awhile. And it's OK. Love hurts and that's what makes it worth it.

Cheers!

9. indagroove

indagroove New Member

I know im not her man anymore and its none of my business...

You answered your own question.

10. eandvk

eandvk Member

Its best you move on and not worry about her private matters unless she decides to "discuss"" them with you.

Move on and find someone else to have your own private matters, once you do that youll be less inclined to think of your ex and what shes doing.

Best of Luck

11. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, though it may sound harsh, no, you don't have the right to know. You've already acknowledged that it's none of your business. Let it stay that way. It's her information to do with as she pleases, and if she doesn't want you to know, she does not owe it to you to tell you...

I'm sorry you've lost someone special. It sounds like you're going through a tough time, and I hope you get through things, and keep your chin up.

12. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Well ouch, put it out there! Tell us how you really feel!! :dgrin

13. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

In my honest opinion no you do not have a right to know if she has been intimate with him or not. The two of you have dated and you have remained friends. However that does not give you any special rights or privildeges with her. Furthermore based on your posting it is my feeling that she sees you as strictly as friend with no intention of beoming anything more and it appears at the present time she is taking steps to distance herself from you. Her distancing may be due to the fact she wants to be closer with him but is struggling with a way to tell you directly. Also she may be distancing herself as she feels she needs you to be a more distant and less involved friend. It is my feelings you have two options available. First option is to talk to her about your observances,
    and ask her for her input. Second option would be realize that she is trying to distance herself, accept that you had a special relationship with her, find a way to either end the relationship with her amicably or give her the space that she needs.

14. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Ah, Bluesy...you're so sweet, I could just eat you up! :cool

BD

15. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

I've learned over the...

...years you can catch flies with vinegar.

Just have a rolled up newspaper handy when they land.

:lol

Truth is I can be pretty dumb and stubborn sometimes so, a swift kick in the azz saves time when I am struggling with the obvious. This kid needs a swift kick in the azz.

16. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Hell...

...yeah.

:bow

17. igor

Gold Member

There's your answer. It's none of your business.

18. bigphill

bigphill New Member

Time to move on like she has things can only get better.
    Best of luck

19. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

We think on the same wavelength! I like you alot! :brow

20. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Guess this gets me off the hook for 2nite, huh?