[Ask a Girl] Do any women here masturbate? [And, do any guys here masturbate?]

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by someonenow, Sep 11, 2009.

1. someonenow

someonenow New Member

Do any women here masturbate? (I mean using just a hand, or your hands.)

Women, what do you think about men masturbating? If you knew about a specific man doing it, would it change your opinion of him? (If so, how?)

Guys, what is your opinion of other men who masturbate?

I also wonder what other comments, ideas, or opinions people have about masturbation.

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I rub one out very occasionally these days, maybe once every few months. Everybody masturbates, men and women alike. This is because masturbation is as normal a human behavior as laughing or crying. It's just too bad that so many people still consider it to be a shameful act. It really shouldn't be because it's something that we all do.

Anyone who claims to not masturbate is lying.

I think that a man masturbating is the most natural and normal thing in the world. Let me put it this way: if I discovered that he was not masturbating, I'd immediately suspect that there was something wrong with him. Perhaps a medical problem or some kind of medication had killed his libido.

3. someonenow

someonenow New Member

Thank you for what you've written, Puss_in_boots.

Do you think even the people who consider it to be shameful, would admit that it feels pleasurable?

How should people think about it? For example, if there is a father and son: should the father and son not say anything to each other about masturbation? Would it corrupt their relationship to talk about that?
    A certain boundary should be kept, but where should it be?
    The father knows his son has a penis. He understands that the son's penis can probably do anything his can. But, maybe the father acts as if he knows nothing, and tries to imagine that his son doesn't masturbate.

4. igor

Gold Member

It could be the majority of those that think it's shameful have never done it. Anyone who has masturbated certainly should think it is pleasurable. There are those that believe that masturbation is a sin but there is no biblical basis for that. Similarly there are those that believe that sex is only for procreation.

Fathers & sons should talk about it. I believe it is important for the father to stress the fact that masturbation is normal and nothing to be ashamed of but it is a private affair.

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Everybody masturbates. It's just normal. Yeah, I masturbate, albeit rarely when I have a lot going on. That isn't to say that I don't like it. As Puss said, if a person didn't masturbate, they're unbalanced in some way. It is very important for parents to talk to children about masturbating-so they know it isn't wrong or abnormal

6. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

I honestly don't think my wife ever masturbated. I have never asked her, but she wouldn't even touch herself while we are fooling around. She may have when she was younger. I think if I did ask her she would not tell the truth.

7. someonenow

someonenow New Member

"A private affair": yeah, I guess so. I wouldn't want any of my relatives to see me masturbating, and I wouldn't want to see them masturbating? But really, honestly, I don't think I would really care--maybe that makes me crazy. The way I feel about it, I think has been shaped by pressure I felt from the people around me. My own independent view is that it's not a bad thing.

My father has never talked to me about it, and neither has my mom really. If I had a child, I wouldn't want to ignore the issue with them. Although, I think I would wait until they were at an age where they seemed to be getting interested or curious about these kinds of things.

Don't you sense in public places like school or gatherings of people somewhere, that there is a reluctance in many people to be honest about it? Well...I guess there aren't many times when it's necessary or desirable to talk about in public, and with most people.

---

I was around 12 years old when I first tried it. When I was sitting down listening to a schoolmate talk to someone else, he started telling us how to masturbate. He suggested soaping up one's hand while taking a bath, and then sliding it up and down (or back and forth?) on one's penis.
    Until I heard this, I never knew to try masturbating. I wonder how long it would have been before I tried if I had not heard my classmate suggest how to do it?

But, you wouldn't mind that she wouldn't tell you the truth about it, would you?
    It wouldn't be an issue though, would it? Since you two wouldn't need to masturbate when you have each other?

You're an older man, right? So, what would you think if a much younger person started talking to you face-to-face, in real life, about masturbation? Would you feel to not talk about it? Or, would you try to discuss it as briefly as possible? Or, would you be very prepared to talk about it with them openly?

#7 someonenow, Sep 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2009
  8. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm perplexed about your line of questioning, someonenow. What are you trying to get at? Are you trying to figure out if you want to talk to your dad about masturbation or do you want him to talk to you about it? ???

Oh, btw...I mb, sometimes more than once a day, sometimes not for weeks on end. Depends on my mood.

9. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

The issue is that I masturbate all the time because my wife either doesn't give enough sex or doesn't satisfy me. I realized just a couple years ago that masturbate the day after having sex with her. I am still trying to figure out if I do because I am not satisfied or my sex drive is heightened after have sex.
    I would not have an issue talking to anyone about about masturbation. It is a natural thing.

10. igor

Gold Member

I often did the same thing. In my case I think it was because of heightened sex drive.

11. someonenow

someonenow New Member

C.L., I don't think I'm trying to get at anything specific? I'm thinking about a variety of things.
    C.L., in your experience, has masturbating been something that you didn't talk about with others? Have you heard people around you talk about it aside from making jokes about it?

12. Slowdance

Slowdance Member

I do, and often. About every other day or more. I am practically known for it, because I'm pretty frank about it. I'm open about it, as are a few of my friends, but at the same time I have other friends who aren't. Its just a comfort level thing, but I don't know anyone who never has, I think. Id be really surprised.

13. Barbwire

Gold Member

When I was younger, I never heard anyone talk about it. Now that I'm in my 40's the topic comes up once in a while in my circle of friends but it's not something we talk about on a regular basis.

14. honda

honda New Member

All guys do it. we all do. I ask my girlfriend when we started dating if she did. and she said that she doesn't. i asked her why? because i was just shocked that she doesn't do it. she just said "that if i needed to get off id just fuck you" i didnt have any problems with that answer

15. HardRocker

Gold Member

Guys really have to do it for physical reasons. Everyone knows the psychological reasons, but a guy has to drain the lizard fairly frequently.

Girls wouldn't want to be giving a guy a blowjob and get a mouthful of old stale cum,:ugh and I wouldn't want to give my girl an expired one either. We don't have a born-on date stamped on the shaft.:eyes A frequent oil change keeps it all fresh and pearly white.:p

16. Northside

Gold Member

Well I believe guys really need to get off regularly. I have a friend who's vision got cloudy. He had to have cataract surgery. Then he told me he hadn't had a date in nearly a year. I told hime he probably didn't have cataracts , he was just backed up, that's what clouded his vision!

17. someonenow

someonenow New Member

HardRocker, do you genuinely believe that it's a necessary thing for guys to do?
    I suppose that could be true.

The thing that is bothering me, is, I think of all the males I have known in my life so far, and the females, and feel that they would either (1) disrespect me for masturbating, or (2) they would want to ignore the idea and avoid mentioning sexual matters to me. Then when I'm around them, I feel like I cannot be open about what I feel is a part of myself, a part of my life. I feel that I am expected to feel guilty or wrong for masturbating or appreciating many women in a sexual way.

I'm not saying I would want to talk about sexual matters with people all the time.

It seems like all of you here appreciate masturbation to some degree, though?
    I don't feel like most people are this way in my real life. Or, I feel like they do not respect the idea of being honest about it.

From the various responses, it's amazing to imagine that maybe you people would not think less of me for masturbating.

I have a question for anyone: When you have a partner who has sex with you (when you want it), do you care less about/have less interest in masturbation compared to when you don't have a partner? Or do you always appreciate masturbation, that ability to pleasure yourself?

18. someonenow

someonenow New Member

Slowdance, that's amazing.

19. igor

Gold Member

Even when I was having sex, I still masturbated. It is different.

20. HardRocker

Gold Member

Yes, what I said, I believe to be true.

Masturbation is a private thing. I don't discuss it with anyone, but not out of fear of what they think... I outgrew that worry long long ago; that's completely pointless and something you can't control. Everyone's boundaries of privacy are different and should be respected. I don't want to talk to my friends about details of jerking off, and I don't want to hear them talk about it either. If I felt I needed approval, confirmation, re-enforcement, etc., I would ask a qualified health professional or search it out on the web as you have.

That's why places like this exist. Here we can open up and be honest exchanging opinions, but you can't do this outside of the forum. In here we have anonymity, and at SF we are lucky to have a very honest group that are interested in picking apart real life questions, problems, fears, and opinions, hopefully to help each other grow..