Discomfort when cumming in condoms?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by BobbyG, Jan 14, 2012.

1. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

I hope this thread is in the right place!

Basically I'm curious to know if it's just me (and the condoms I use) or if it's a general issue that affects most men.

I've tried about a dozen or so different types of 'sensitive' condom - from Durex to Mates to Crown to Trojan etc. etc.
    I use the 'sensitive' type because I want to feel something.

The problem is that whenever I cum inside my wife it feels like my penis is expanding girth-wise and trying to explode out of the condom. This understandably feels slightly painful. And the base of the condom feels like it's tightening around my shaft.
    I use regular sized condoms because my penis is of 'average' size, according to all these surveys.

Is it just me, or do all condom wearing men experience this?

2. BigTitLover

Gold Member

I have always got extremely hard just before I cum, slight increase in girth, but never felt pain from it. When I used a condom that was too small it was restrictive, couldn't get fully hard.

Do you have this issue with regular condoms? When bareback?

3. Mittimer

Gold Member

While your length may be of average size, your girth may be bigger. Try using larger condoms and seeing if that makes a difference.

4. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

I am using regular sized condoms.
    I'm assuming you mean 'regular' (normal) condoms as opposed to 'sensitive' ones, right?
    Hmmm, well I never did like using regular condoms because the feeling is just not there in terms of feeling your partner.
    I think the tightening issue is the same for all types of condom, from memory.

I don't get the tightening feeling when bareback, no.

Also, I just need clarification from you guys that I am wearing the condom correctly.
    I pull it down my shaft whilst holding the tip. I roll it down as far as it will comfortably go - which is about an inch or so from the base of my penis?
    Then only a small tip remains for the cum to collect in.
    When I cum there seems to be no space for the cum to shoot into and it feels like it exerts back pressure on my dick which adds to the discomfort!
    lol sorry about the poor description, but I hope you can visualise my predicament!
    So the combination of having a tight rubber ring around the base of my penis (the open end of the condom), and having my cum exert back pressure on my penis head leads to a rather uncomfortable climax!

Am I the only one who experiences this?? :ugh

p.s. I wear condoms because it's our way of birth control. I don't want my wife to have to use the coil as it messes with her system and gives her pain/issues.

5. BigTitLover

Gold Member

Yeah. Meant the non sensitive type.

If you don't have pain from being bareback then it is something to do with the fit of the condom.

Mitt has a point about girth. Im not excessively long at 7-1/4 but my girth is above average at 6-1/4 circumference. I use mag or xl sizes. The regular size was not comfy to wear.

And it sounds like you're putting it on the right way.

6. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

Thanks for your help.

I'm not one for measuring my tackle, but just holding a tape measure in my hand and making circles with it to mimic the girth of my dick it seems my girth is around 5 inches. The helmet is wider but I'm assuming that is not included in the girth calculations?

I think the most obvious benefit of going bareback is that when you cum it shoots out one way and doesn't come back lol
    Wearing a rubber means that it builds up pressure on your helmet and you don't experience that lovely shooting/release feeling. I'm thinking maybe I have quite an explosive cum which doesn't help!

I'm going to have to investigate larger sized rubbers to bottom this one out it seems.
    Any recommendations for brands/makes?

p.s. I'm actually quite surprised that no other man experiences what I experience. Condoms are uncomfortable to say the least :ugh

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi there Bobby.
    Just wondering if when you unroll the condom that you in fact pinch the tip such that air is expelled thus making space for your ejaculate because if there is a little air pocket then when you shoot your load it causes compression and the feeling that you describe. Just an observation from the limited times I have used them.

8. RideNaked

RideNaked New Member

I used to use the type with the "reservoir" end, which wasn't enough space, either. I would always unroll a bit extra to begin with, and as said above, make sure any air was expelled as I applied the condom.

If you try a larger type, I suggest you give them a good test run before intercourse. As it is your only means of BC, I'd hate for a failure, such as it coming off, to cause any undesired outcomes. It only takes once...

T

9. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

Thanks for your help and advice, guys.

I will try to consciously pinch air out of the tip next time I use one.
    I guess there is a difference to simply holding it and squeezing it.

My other question still stands though - any condoms you personally recommend for comfort and sensitivity? :)

10. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

I experience a small change in size and hardness when I orgasm, seems to be normal for most men. As for condoms, I had tried several types and for me the most comfortable was Durex but the size was a big thing too.
    Try different sizes, different brands. Some reputed names have the same size as the Durex yet feel snug, restricting the ejaculation and feeling not as comfortable. Try around sizes and brands.

11. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

Thanks mate for the tip.
    I actually ordered a mixed bunch of branded 'sensitive' condoms off the British Condoms website a few months back. All the leading brands were in there, including Durex, Mates, Safex, Trojan, Crown, etc. etc.
    None of them really stood out, so to speak.
    Although the Safex and Crown seemed to be the most sensitive, but the extra feeling over the rest was minimal to say the least.
    yeah, I think the Durex did seem to feel like a 'quality' product.
    It looks like I'll have to order more condoms and get more sampling done! :)

12. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

There are different sizes too and it seems each company has their own version of a specific size for the snugness.

13. BobbyG

BobbyG New Member

Oh my! Why can't things be simple in life, eh? :D

Looks like more money will be spent on trying out a plethora of condoms on the market!
    I guess I'll have to try a number of 'duds' before I hit 'gold'!

Wish me luck!

Or recommend me some more good ones lol

14. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

My best idea is to measure yourself fully erect to know which size is best for you. Again try Durex first. Don't worry about fancy condoms .... well maybe it works for you.
    For me I tried the ones that desensitize. Worked too well and couldn't stay hard. Get to know your partner intimately better before experimenting with products, ask, communicate.