Dirty Foreskin!

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by CirenWitch, Aug 19, 2008.

1. CirenWitch

CirenWitch New Member

I just got diagnosed with strep throat! (Yay?) Erm, anyways. I looked for possible causes, and came up with my boyfriend, who is uncircumcised and has phimosis. (sp?) I went down on him a day prior to experiencing the symptoms. Could it be that the bacteria under his foreskin caused the infection?

2. Katprr

Katprr New Member

Strep Throat has a incubation period of 7 to tens days before it actually presents it's self on the outside, or shall I say the inside of your throat. Sorry I am trying to put this all in non technical language.
    Even though your SO has Phimosis which is not uncommon in men that are uncircumsized, infact this is very common in both boys and men that are uncircumsized. In fact the medical dictionaries will tell you that Phimosis is a tightening of the foreskin to the ring, yes this may cause a bacterial infection in the foreskin due to it not properly being able to pull back to clean. The bacterial infection is not the same strain of bacteria that causes Strep. Can you get strep from this, the answer would be no. I am hoping though he is being treated for it, you could have been around someone who had strep and didnt know it. Also there are people in this world that carry the strep virus but never actually get strep just like most viruses in the world anymore.
    So take a deep breath and know that your SO isnt the one that gave you this.

3. CirenWitch

CirenWitch New Member

Ah that's good to hear! Thank you very much. But no, he is not being treated for it. I've been trying to get him to go see a doctor, but he says he doesn't have the financial support for such visits. God knows he won't let me pay for anything. He is stretching it regularly, and I see some slight improvement, but I'm unsure how safe or effective that is.