Didnt know where to go to ask this

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by SlyTX, Apr 7, 2007.

1. SlyTX

SlyTX New Member

So lately I have been extremely paranoid for good reasons about STD's, and I think I should really go get checked out. I have never done this before and dont wanna ask anyone I know personally. I live in a big city but dont know what kind of clinic or where I would go to do this. What about getting like an 'inspection', what kind of doctor would do that for aguy? Are the test results given to you at the clinic or mailed or what? How much does it cost?

2. charlie-50

charlie-50 New Member

just go to a G.P. they shold be able to handle that cp.;)

3. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

;)
    Definitely go to a Doctor, just your
    family Doctor, Its important.

4. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

Clinics would be anonymous. I'm sure they are setup for confidentiality on results.

5. HardRocker

Gold Member

All cities have a free clinic. Look at the county hospital websites. Also the State department of public health. There should be a general info line for the county in the phone book.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Planned Parenthood, university health centers, or the state health department clinics, all do free/low cost and confidential STD testing. Anything you say to a doctor and any test results are absolutely confidential. When I had an HIV test done it was done for free at the local health department office. Look in the blue section of the yellow pages, or look online. Good luck!

7. PappaBear

PappaBear New Member

Most cities have clinics set up & run by your local Health Dept . They are low cost or even free & totally anonamouse . Go get checked out , even if you do have something (which I dearly hope you dont) knowing is 100% better than not knowing & worrying about it constantly . That'd drive me nuts >:\

8. SlyTX

SlyTX New Member

Thank you for all the replies guys, I was able to find multiple clinics in my city because of your help. Now Im wishing for the best...