Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Everett_Spair, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Everett_Spair

Everett_Spair Member

I've been playing a new game for a while now and I really want to share it with anyone and everyone so here I go.

The game is Deus Ex: Human Revolution and is in my opinion one very very good game. It's been some time since I was so pulled in by a game. Last time was with Resident Evil 4 in 2004.
    It also helps that I'm a huge fan of the original Deus Ex game which I think is still the best game ever made even though it's 11 years old now.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set in the year 2027 where big corporations are bigger than nations and there exist human augmentation technologies which enables people to install mechanical and computer devices in their bodies to make them better.
    You are playing as Adam Jensen who works as the chief of security at one of the worlds biggest augmentation corporations.
    The game starts with an assault on the corporation headquarters and you end up being badly hurt and are forced to undergo dramatic augmentation in order to survive.
    You then set off on discovering who attacked and why and what follows is an intricate story of corporations, shady operations and conspiracies.

The most awesome part is of course your augmentations with things from hacking augmentations which enables you to subvert computer systems to the Typhoon system which propels a mass of exploding steel balls all around you, killing anything thats close.

The game is incredible open, not in terms of story but how you go about completing objectives. There are always several routes you can take in any given situation. They also often depend on which augmentations you have installed which means that you can do repeat playthroughs in different ways.

I just love this game and it's a very worthy addition to the Deus Ex games which says a lot considering what it needs to live up to.

If you want an experience unlike any other recent games today, get it and enjoy.

2. Maverick

Maverick Member

Sounds just like Mass Effect. I got this one on Gamefly, though.

3. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

I have heard good things about the game. Might check it out one day :)

Thanks for sharing!

4. Essene

Gold Member

It sounds like a much more futuristic version of Shenmue. Of course... without the anecdotal love story. That was the only macro-geographical game I've played besides WoW. Is it anything like the Fallout series? I like those very much.

Anyways, I have to defecate, so I will close with this.

5. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

LOL

6. Essene

Gold Member

LoL? As in League of Legends? I play that as well. It truly is a remarkable game. It's much better than DoTa and War Craft.

7. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

One of my girlfriends tried to put me on to that game but unfortunately it doesn't work on my mac. Oh well.

*sorry for going off topic

8. Essene

Gold Member

She is a wise woman for playing LoL. More chicks who don't completely suck at games should play. Hell, more guys who don't completely suck should play this game.

9. Trond

Gold Member

My wife just gave me Deus Ex as an early birthday present. :D

10. wht1zzfe

wht1zzfe New Member

I play Deus Ex and LoL's too :D

11. Essene

Gold Member

I have yet to purchase it... I'll probably end up buying it for PC since I hate platform consoles.

12. Essene

Gold Member

Ahv just downloaded it and thus far I like it. I'll have another go now and report my findings of enjoyment later.

13. Trond

Gold Member

I am currently enjoying this game quite a bit. Not sure if I think it is better than Fallout 3 (which is extremely open-ended in that you can go wherever you like and do almost whatever you want) or Dreamfall (an adventure game, which is quite linear in plot), but this game seems to have a nice mix of features (somewhere in between, I'd say), and it looks like I have to think strategically about weapons and enhancements as a go along. I have been massacring my way through the first parts, but next time I will go for a more sneaky approach. The main character sounds like Clint Eastwood, so I'm half expecting him to say "make my day" sooner or later :D

#13 Trond, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  14. Essene

Gold Member

My game continuously freezes.