Depressed from lack of sex

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by luvsmusiccm, Oct 3, 2010.

1. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

I recently lost my "innocene when I was almost 30. Since then it has happened rarely. I know sex isn't everything. When I started being active, I really enjoy it. Now with the guy I was involved with is gone, I can't seem to get a guy to be interested in me enough to go out with me. With the guy I was involved with, he was friend for a few years before it turned sexual.

I act and look young for my age. From middle school though my late 20's, I spent a lot of time isolating myself from the outside world so I know my social skills aren't the greatest.

Im not comfortable with putting my pic and profile on online dating sites. I go to bars all the time.

2. Meee

Gold Member

Hi. It usually helps to work out other things first, then sexual relationships fall into place easier. You isolated yourself for a while? Is that all resolved yet? Is there still some smoothing out to do?

And how about your hobbies? Bird-watching, chess, softball--join a club. Everyone in a club knows they're there to meet people. It's a more natural way to do it than bars. Not that I know a lot about bars yet, even with my fake ID.

3. Michellesoldman

Michellesoldman New Member

Meee is always very good at these types of issues it seems, so I'd definitely follow her advice here.

But I'd also like to add that bars (depending on what bar and where it is) can be the worst place to meet people.

As the old cliche'-like saying goes though, you'll meet someone when your not expecting it.

Keep your chin up though. Most of us have been in those shoes before and we made it through to something better. You will too if you hang in there.

4. luvsmusiccm

luvsmusiccm New Member

The 1 bar I go to, it's a small-town bar with a lot of regulars. Living in a small town, it's makes it more challenging to get out and meet people that's within a 15 minute drive.

I have 1 hobby I love doing when weather permits that involves meeting other people.

I try not to isolate myself so much anymore. I just had very low self-esteem and confidence.

5. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Take your new confidence and self-esteem and go more than 15 minutes away. Bars are terrible places to meet people for relationships, but are great for hooking up for sex. If you have had low self-esteem before, hooking up for random sex is not a good idea, hun. Go to a bookstore, a cafe, the movies. If you are lonely, try to find things to fill your time. I know, first hand, how hard this can be.

Now, if you want some killer orgasms, i.e. "depressed from lack of sex", you can purchase a myriad of items to help you out in that area.....

6. backcheck64

Gold Member

Is there a busy cycling or walking trail nearby? How about the gym? Community classes on various topics such as gardening, etc.? Dancing lessions? Hell, try a class at your local Lowes or Home Depot.

And bars suck for meeting people.