Depo-Provera

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by WC1989, Dec 28, 2012.

1. WC1989

Gold Member

Just curious if anyone here on SF is a user of Depo-provera. Do you like it? Opinions? SOs opinions?

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

I'm not on it but one of my coworkers at work is. I've asked her about it and she likes that she doesn't have to think about it but it gives her headaches and makes her eat a lot.

3. sandwich

Gold Member

I have a friend who tried it, and it made her moody. Now she calls it psychoprovera. It made her gain weight too.

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Completely anecdotal, but I have a friend who still got pregnant while on it, and had been on it for some time. Her daughter is 6 now I think.

5. redics_girl

redics_girl Active Member

my roommate was on it, and she had a non-stop, super heavy period for 6 months straight, so she got off it. I personally have tried several pills, the patch, and the Nuva ring, none of which I like. After my daughter was born, I got the mirena, and had some not so fun side effects for about a year after it was put in, but now, its fantastic. I don't have to worry about getting pregnant, i don't have periods, and its good for 5 years. i do also know some people who have tried it and didnt have good luck with it, so i guess all birth controls have their positives and negatives.

6. XR_Vixen

XR_Vixen Member

I guess it's up to the individual, but...

I tried Depo provera and bled for nine months straight, really heavily. So bad that I started to pass out a lot and eventually had to go into hospital to have a blood transfusion.
    Depo provera is just progesterone, so they had to give me a massive doses of oestrogen over three months so I could get my hormones back to being 'balanced'

I really wouldn't recommend it :(