Depo/miscarriage?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by hurley, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hurley

hurley New Member

Ok, my girlfriend got the depo shot for the first time about a few days after valentine's day. We followed the rules on no unprotected sex for 2 weeks. We even waited 3 days after we were able to before unprotected sex, and i didnt even really cum in her week after. *Yes i know 1 sperm can cause it all* anyways. She has been running late on all her periods before this *between her periods its about 5 weeks* we never worried about because of stress relatied issues. Now its the period after the depo and she had some dark, dark red fluid coming from her, so she thought she was on her period. well after she thought she had stopped, it started again but the color *she says is normal* She had some friends that said that they had misscarriages and were on their periods for 2 weeks. Anyone know??

2. Shellen77

Shellen77 New Member

It sounds fairly normal since her body is adjusting to the new hormones in her system. I've never had Depo (nor would I ever but that's my opinion) but I do know that it can cause the womans periods to be heavy for some, very light for others, non existent for some users & there are people that have no problem with it at all.

Since I don't know if you guys had unprotected sex prior to the shot (even though I'm assuming that you did), it's best that she have a chat with her doctor. I'm almost 100% positive that when she got her shot, they checked to see if she was pregnant. If she was, they would not have given her the shot...so in theory, I doubt that she has had a miscarriage. I do strongly urge your GF to at least call her doctor or nurse about this problem. There could be other problems that we are not aware of.
    Good luck to the both of you & hope this helps you!

3. hurley

hurley New Member

Update

Well come to find out, that she didnt have a miscarriage. It was just the hormonal change of her body that was causing it to be late and long. Besides that, she started her period again a week later, I got pissed off because me and her were planning on going out to my moms and having a great time :brow and it came VERY close to messing everything up. She stopped the night we got there, so we had fun *just used condoms for the extra stuff* Anyways, just an update =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.