dental dams?

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by hawkiphan, Jan 19, 2006.

1. hawkiphan

hawkiphan New Member

Has anyone used a dental dam when going down on their girlfriend? I am hoping that using one will help ease my girlfriends inhibitions on me going down on her.

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Okay, I'll bite.. :lol ... what's a dental dam? I know I could 'Google' it, but I'm lazy today.

3. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Rose,
    It's a thin sheet of latex, kinda like a condom only a flat sheet about 6"x6" or so. It was first made for dentists to use when drilling teeth, etc. (Goes in patient's mouth.) It's also recommended for safe oral sex on women. I've never used it for that.

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Okay, thanks Joe!

Hawkiphan: Is your g/f afraid of tasting/smelling bad, or does she have an STD?
    If it is the latter, then, by all means, use the latex shield. I have no idea what it might do to the feeling she would experience, but being safe is the most important thing.
    If it is the former, there are many ways to care for herself, to make sure she is fresh and clean. A nice bath right before sex is not only relaxing, but also is very cleansing - even more than a regular shower.
    Also, she could use a moist towlette right before hopping in the sack(several types and fragrances available in the feminine aisle).
    On occassion, she could use a feminine douche for internal cleansing. She shouldn't use this too often, as it tends to remove natural bacteria-fighting elements in the vagina, which could lead to irritation or yeast infections, etc.
    btw - welcome to 'sexualforums', hawkiphan!