Definition of a fetish

Discussion in 'Sexual Fetishes and Fantasies' started by igor, Jan 25, 2006.

1. igor

Gold Member

Just looked up the definition of fetish. It's a little different than what I thought it might be.

The main definition as it applies in this forum is:

"An object or bodily part whos real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object or fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression".

I think that what many of us think of as a fetish is really either a fantasy, or perhaps an "aid" to satisfaction, such as a toy or piece of clothing, or the way someone dresses.

2. fantasien

fantasien New Member

well, they have to be all Politicaily correct. They can't really say something like what your thinking of.

3. Kai

Kai New Member

i define it as something that is not part of normal sex or life. example piss on people or shit or fetish for feet/ hands

4. comanighttrain

comanighttrain New Member

Hmm...thats not exactly true....i dont need my fetish's to be stimulated to enjoy sex....

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

perhaps a fetish would be best described as something that intensifies one's satifaction level in sex. True, my fetishes do not need to be stimulated to enjoy sex... but when they ARE.... it is an incredible 'high'. Takes me over the edge, so to speak.

6. comanighttrain

comanighttrain New Member

I guess the meaning is probobly subjective.

I know a guy who cant fire off unless he is thinking about being eaten or digested.

7. AlternaGrrl

AlternaGrrl New Member

wow... that's kinda' freeeky, in the extremist sense. maybe not too unusual though, as sex can be an act of consumption or of feeling consumed.

I for some reason associate sex with water, drowning, falling...but these are just thoughts that i have, and can't really help it. i don't think that they're fetishes... i hope to discover some though, at some point.