Decreased orgasm intensity

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by SWaz, Aug 4, 2012.

1. SWaz

SWaz New Member

Hey! I'm a 22 year old female and I most certainly am addicted to masturbating. For about the last year or so I have used a bullet vibrator on my clit to orgasm about an average of 5 times a day as well as having sex with my husband (whom I recently married) an average of 2/3 times per day. I've heard that frequent masturbating with clitoral vibrators can lead to decreased sensitivity and I have noticed that my orgasms have got much weaker. Contractions seem less strong as well as the exploding feeling that I get in my head. I can come silently nowadays where it would have been impossible in the past. Orgasms purely from sex are still considerably stronger, which aren't clitoral and my sex drive is still ridiculously high (and I'm guessing it always will be).

Anyway, what my real question is, if I manage to stop masturbating my clit for a while will the sensitivity come back? How long do you think I'd need to refrain for as a minimum? I'd rather not go for too long without doing it as my husband is at work in the daytime and I get really sexually frustrated in those hours so I really like to masturbate.

2. SWaz

SWaz New Member

actually more like the past 2 and a half years. Sometimes more than 5 times / day thinking about it, but sometimes less

3. AGFUNK

Gold Member

More than likely if you stop masturbating and having sex for awhile, a couple of days to a week, you will notice the difference in intensity. I think that your body is so used to cumming multiple times a day that the intensity just goes down and once you break that habit they should be more or less back to the intensity that you used to have.

4. arugula

Gold Member

Yes, if you abstain, your sensitivity will return.

It takes a finite amount of time to replenish those neurotransmitters you release when you release...