Dec 7th 1941 remembrance a day of infamy

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Dog_E_Ryder, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Rememberance to those who served and gave all on this date. We salute you!

CLE32793 likes this.
  2. Amature

Gold Member

Can you imagine being a kid 17 to 21 years old and experiencing something like this? It would make them age and become a man very, very quickly. We owe them more for our freedom than we can ever repay. Our veterans, especially our Pearl Harbor survivors, have my respect and never ending gratitude.

CLE32793, Dog_E_Ryder and whybother like this.
  3. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

I agree Amature. I was surprised there was this few of people making comments, here or even in the over all media, it goes to show you unfortunately people forget our past pretty fast as the last veterans pass on. Even the 911 memorial day fades with every passing year. We say never forget but unfortunately we do. :(

Amature and CLE32793 like this.
  4. teamster145

Gold Member

Unrelated a bit, although, Frank James wife was born before the Civil War. And lived to see the bombing of Pearl Harbor. That lady saw a lot of changes in her life. Imagine the stories she could tell.
    They were indeed the greatest generation. Our citizens today could not handle a war of that magnitude. They would give up I am afraid.

Amature, CLE32793 and Dog_E_Ryder like this.
  5. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Sadly to say Teamster I'm afraid you may be right. Too many people more worried about a reality show being pre-emptied by a news bulletin or the latest release of a new xbox game, than they are of bunch of assholes chopping little kids heads off in the name of Allah coming to a neighborhood near them. :(

Amature, CLE32793 and teamster145 like this.
  6. teamster145

Gold Member

Better not show up in my neighborhood, they might get me but there will.be less of them to move to the next neighborhood.

7. 12barblues

Gold Member

Sometimes, unfortunately , time heals... And as it does the memories fade. We have to make a conscious effort to remember our history..both the good and the bad..
    I was glad to see what the NFL did to pay tribute this weekend

8. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

A good memory helps prevent history from repeating itself. Unfortunately time after time through history we fail to heed the warning.

Amature and CLE32793 like this.
  9. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

Coming from a generation line back to at least the Civil War of a military family and a army brat in my youngster years. I can attest the price of war. I remember my dad who was Army intelligence officer telling his pre-cold war era stories and all my Uncles telling their stories from WWII and Korea as I sit around a table as a little kid as they played poker their conversations would go quite many times as they recalled and relived their moments over there. Later I would hear my brothers recalling their time in Vietnam. I seen one of them get so angry that he would go out side and beat the brick wall with his bare fist till his hands were bloodied, PTSD was relatively ignored in those days.

The warrior is the biggest anti-war advocate of all, It's a horrible dirty fucking business, but at that sometimes a necessary and the warrior understands that as well. That's why it's important to learn from our mistakes and recognize and accept who the enemy is. So we can reduce the casualties to a minimum.

Amature, CLE32793 and teamster145 like this.