DEA scams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CosmicEye, Mar 8, 2012.

1. CosmicEye

Gold Member

So my mom told me she got a phone call yesterday from a detective from the DEA. They said she had an arrest out for her for buying diet pills over the internet that happened almost 10 years ago. They said if she paid the $6000 fine, they could have the charge erased and she'd be off the hook, otherwise she could be arrested within the hour.

That scared the s*** out of her, it would scare anyone. But, she did some detective work herself online and found that there was a scam going around that sounded just like this. She said although it was very convincing, it sounded a bit fishy and looked into it, and luckily didnt fall for it. Needless to say she was worried for a few hours but realized that it was the scam artist and called it a close call.

Just letting everyone know out there to be careful. I swear scammers are getting smarter at stealing and who knows how they got all her info; name, number, and the purchase. What has the world come to.

2. Texas_Red

Gold Member

Yeah, the lengths people will go to to cheat others out of money rather than work for it is astounding at times.

For some time now we've been dealing with various groups that give themselves official sounding names claiming to be affiliated with Microsoft, telling people they've got numerous reports of errors from their PC. They get permission to remote connect the persons PC and then run bogus software to show all kinds of "errors" and "viruses" or will open Event Viewer and hype errors found within, trying to scare the customer into paying for "services." As of today, I have now heard some of these folks are now trying to get people to give up their real address and such so they can come do "in home service". Scary shit, I can just imagine what that would lead to.

3. CosmicEye

Gold Member

Dam I know its true tho. The sad thing is that it works. Im a mechanic and Ive sat there and watched people spray PB blaster around shocks and struts to say that they are leaking when they show the costumer. I even know people that do brakes on commercial vehicles when they are still 90% good. Companies will pay it they dont care, all just to get the job and the extra money. Thats so cheap and wrong. Thank god I have a conscience.

4. Ready2Please

Gold Member