Dating someone thats about 13 years difference

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Mandy87, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Mandy87

Mandy87 New Member

Hi , so I am on a dating site and this guy messaged me and he seems cool and attractive, but he is 37 and I will be 24 in Feb...to me it seems little old for me but not sure . Should I give it a shot or am I better off finding someone a little closer to my age ?

2. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

There's plenty of relationships where there's a decent age gap Mandy....and at your age, 13 years would seem like an eternity, but its not the be all and end all....:eyes
    You can only assess somebody on their merits.....just make sure he's not carrying too much baggage from previous relationships....:D

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

Some of my first relationships at a younger age than Mandy were with women who were older, but not quite 13 years older. I learned a lot about life and sex and a few other things beside. You might find that it's a good experience.

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Hi Mandy87, just for another example; I am 57 and my SO is 27.
    Neither of us have ever been happier and our sex life rich and varied.
    I know full well that in time things may change but in the meanwhile we are living life as if there is no tomorrow.
    No regrets here, however suggest heed HW's advice.

5. nurseharley

Gold Member

you'll never know until you give it a try.

6. Razoer88

Razoer88 New Member

I totally agree. Give it a go. If it feels ok after the first couple of dates then go with it. If after the first date it fells odd, then cut it off.

Don't kill it before you try it I say.

7. cornred

cornred New Member

ya the first person i was with was 22 and i was 16. but i know it is not 13 years but man it sure was some great dirty sex!

8. lovn_my_bbw

lovn_my_bbw New Member

your on a dating site message with him see how you feel give him one date only and see how you feel about it and if it doesnt work out then it doesnt. its a dating site there will be more out there for you two.

9. Mandy87

Mandy87 New Member

thanks for your responses , well I re read his profile and it says he isnt exactly looking for his match on the site ( Match.com ) which doesnt make sense lol so maybe I wont meet him then

10. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Thats why were all here for you Mandy.....:eek:rgy

Good luck in your search girl.....he'll come along, trust us:D

11. backcheck64

Gold Member

My question is, why would someone that age be looking for someone that young? I have a friend, best friend you could have, but you if your female, stay away LOL. He had this twisted idea that, as he got older, if he was with younger women, it would keep him young. His fourth marriage, he was 37 and she was 19, yea that worked....divorce #4. Age isn't necessarily a determining factor on sucess or not, but what is the motivation behind him seeking women that much younger than him? Looking for the fountain of youth? Control issues? Trophy on his arm? It's one thing to meet someone and due to mutual interests a relationship forms, but to actively seek a younger person....there's more there.

12. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I see you've decided not to meet him.. just piping in that I'm the same age as your and my fiance is 13 years older than me =) we've had one issue where he freaked out because I'm so youn, but besides that.. life is great

he pointed out the other morning that we've yet to have a real fight .. it'll happen one day lol =)

13. Mandy87

Mandy87 New Member

yea I looked on his profile and he says he isnt looking for someone, so obviously he just wants sex lol ugh fml ...yea dont use match.com , just people wanting to hook up

14. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

try pof ?? it's completely free.. while I didn't meet the one on there I did have some awesome dates :)

15. Mandy87

Mandy87 New Member

ok so I talked to him and it was misunderstand , so he is wanting to find someone lol so I might meet him ha....oh yea btw POF is even worse lol...its known as the " hook up" site, and the guys i met were eh and mainly just wanted fwb or hook ups : P

16. backcheck64

Gold Member

Good luck to you, hope he is on the up and up

Sooo glad I'm past that, geee, how did us old farts every find anyone without the internet or social sites?

17. luvbug

Gold Member

My SO is 13 years older than I am. We have been together 24 years.

Give it a shot....what have you got to lose besides one night of being bored out of your mind?lol

18. sinner

sinner New Member

LB, I'll bet you and your hubby are never bored.

19. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

eh I had no problem "being a bitch" and making it perfectly clear before they even got contact info (email, IM, phone number) and making sure they knew they weren't getting sex anytime soon.. the ones that were looking for sex didn't last past an email or 2

20. octavius

Gold Member

One of my work mates couldn't be happier until this year. She's finding her hubby is having increasingly more and more health problems. He's starting to show the affects of age and she's very young for her age, gorgeous and vibrant. It really upsets her when she thinks about the next 10 years. Health issues can happen in any relationship but I think there is a good chance of being a middle aged widow and alone at a time when you're no longer young yourself... plus if he does end up having health problems as he approaches old age you'll end in the same position as my friend. I see a lot of positive experiences in this thread, but I really think you should think about the other side.