Dating older women....am only 20 yrs old

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by lovo23, Dec 3, 2010.

1. lovo23

lovo23 New Member

i have always been into dating women in their 30's and 40's

do you think its right at my age "20" that i should date older women?

i have always been attracted to older women...i think they are way mature, caring, and dont play games...they basically know what they want...unlike girls my age....

do you think people would look at me worng for dating women lets say...10 to 20 yrs older than me?

any opinions would be appreaciated thank you.

2. Mittimer

Gold Member

I think the question we should be asking you is simply this:

Why do you care how other people will look at you if dating these women is what makes you happy? Your happiness is not to be judged by anyone.

Now do I personally think there is anything wrong with you dating a woman twice your age? No, I don't. Everyone has a preference and yours just happens to be more mature women and there isn't anything wrong with that. I'm sure that there are plenty of ladies who would be very happy to have a handsome counterpart half their ages. :)

3. sinner

sinner New Member

Whatever turns you on. But as aman in my 40's I am here to tell you that there are as many if not more issues in the 40s as in the 20s. Consider yourself lucky if you find someone at any age who has none.

4. backcheck64

Gold Member

I have a friend that tried the opposite, he was 37, she was 19...got a lot of "is this your daughter" comments.....didn't last. Most of the single women I know in thier 40s are divorced with kids. I sure as hell wouldn't want to deal with that baggage when I was in my 20s, hell I wouldn't want to deal with that in my 40s. My wife is in her mid 40s, looks early 30s at best, but she finds twenty somethings annoying. Many women that age dating guys young enough to be thier kid are trying to recapture thier youth or have other issues.

If that's what floats your boat, go for it, but you'll still have problems, just different ones than with girls your age. When I was in my twenties, I wouldn't have given a 40 yr old a second look. Be ready for "is that your Mom" or hearing "is that your son" comments.

Another thing to consider, are you looking for a long term relationship? If you want kids, most 40yr olds are pretty well done with having kids, and if the kids are half as active as mine, she'll be 50+ when they are 8 to 10 yrs old...is she going to want to deal with that?

#4 backcheck64, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  5. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

There it is. If you're considering starting a family one day, regardless of what you see on TV and in movies, it is abhorring irresponsible for women to try and start families after the age of 40. When a woman turns 35, statistically her chances of producing a child with Down's Syndrome, genetic disorders, mental retardation, autism, and a whole slew of other problems begins to increase geometrically. I HATE seeing women in movies and TV doing this, because it's leaking into our subconscious to think that it's okay, and like clockwork, birth defects and mental disorders are going up at a steady rate. This is the reason for that age-old "double-standard" argument that is tired, shortsighted, and stupid. (You always see older men with younger women, but if you see an older woman with a younger man, it's like blasphemy...). While we shouldn't take scrutiny to extremes (i.e. a 32 year-old woman with a 22 year old man should be perfectly acceptable), men can produce healthy children until they're like 85; albeit not with an 85 year old woman.

So, if you aren't ready to settle down and older women are your type, then by all means have some fun and do what you want. But if you're thinking of having a family someday, maybe look for a woman around your own age.

Remember, you can order a vintage bottle of wine at dinner; but if you buy a crate of it new and are patient, in a few years you can be drinking vintage wine until your golden years. Women age at the same rate you do. Find one you love and I guarantee eventually she'll grow more and more perfect by the year.:)

6. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

I agree with Mittimer.. I swear she is reading my mind sometimes :eyes