Dating a bestfriend?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Simon70, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Simon70

Simon70 New Member

Okay everybody, some advice please,

Recently my friend broke up with her boyfriend and I was wondering if i should try to develop a relationship with her. I personally love this girl, head over heels, shes the best and we have a great relationship but I do not know if I should jepordize what we have for some that could fail. I have been wondering about this for sometime and do not know if I want to ruin something we have which is great for something more that could fail and ruin everything we have had or do have. I would love to be her boyfriend but I do not know what would happen if it failed

Any thoughts people I need some constructive criticism here

2. zkolia

zkolia New Member

if you guys are mature then no worries.
    Sex always changes things up, just letting you know.

i have been through enough in life, do what your heart tells you is the best answer i can give.
    but act responsibly.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Hmmmmmm. My advice is jaded because I lost a very good friend because we became sexually involved, but all I can say is talk to her first, and also talk about what would happen to your friendship if things did not work out romantically. I would rather keep a really good friend forever than lose it because of a sexual relationship.

4. BassDude

BassDude New Member

This is a really tough question. Is she attracted to you? Do you have a strong enough friendship that you can talk about anything, including how you feel about each other? Are you both emotionally mature enough that if it didn't work, you can just admit it and go back to being "just friends"? If she were ugly as the rear end of a mule, would you still feel the same way about what she has on the inside? Give her an SOI (statement of intent...essentially let her know that you are sexually attracted to her), then let her make herself "available" to you, if she makes herself available then take advantage of it...and talk about it all as you go, that way you both know what the expectations are.

BD

5. jackieizluv

jackieizluv New Member

What I think is you should take the chance here. Better to find out for yourself than to live the rest of your life feeling sorry for yourself with what-ifs, right? And whether it works out or not, from what you are telling me this girl is more than worth at least trying it. Hey I think I should blog about this one!

6. Animularisen

Animularisen New Member

I'm with my best friend and altho things were weird and shakey in the beginning, we're the most perfect match possible =) We're closer then we could of dreamt of and we love each other so deeply... You do have to realise tho if something does go wrong you may lose her as a friend, but you may not tbh, depending on the break up... if you gave it some time you could properly get the friendship back...

Take the chance, that's what life's about.

7. sarahandnick

sarahandnick New Member

Yeah i was with a bestfriend for a while. It was great, we aleday new each other so well and we had definate sexual chemistry. But it got a bit messy when we broke up, we still talk but definately best friends anymore!

Plus you get the problem of social life with mutual friends, i.e it effects friendships with people you both know.

But if you feeling it then go for it, life only happens once

Nick

8. blondyboy

blondyboy New Member

I would go for it. You probably won't stop feeling this way about her and it will just kill you to see her with a new partner.

9. piratenegro

piratenegro New Member

I've done it. It's chill. But once you cross certain lines... there's no going back to being best friends.

10. vizzle

vizzle New Member

If she is your best friend, then you guys can talk! Talk about it before the harm happens.

11. TheGardener

TheGardener New Member

Been there, done that. It depends on how bad you REALLY want to know! Do you want to go on pining for this girl forever? If she's worth having, then I say she's worth the risk. The worst that can happen is she tells you she's not interested romantically. If so, you can then move on and NEVER have to wonder anymore!