Date Tonight/Prepping My Novel For Her

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Well tonight is my first date with Psycho Bob. We're celebrating two things....her birthday (was yesterday but scheduling made it difficult for us, plus her mom took her to Red Lobster) and today, where i'm officially off probation :). I picked out a nice little reasonably priced (on a budget, running off some savings, but can't spend too much but i will be damned if go a Fast Food place, she deserves a real restaurant!) Chinese Buffet. I thought about a more expensive place with a better selection, but this one is nicer and looks less generic and more like what a Chinese Place should be. It looks perfect for a date! :) I went there the other day with my roomies and it was so good!

I got to thinkin what her Chinese Zodiac sign is...she's a Snake, which is perfect (according to the place mats) for a Rooster like me! :) not that i believe in that shit but hey it's nice to get support from any where, even if it's Chinese place mats. Sh'es gonna come over early in the afternoon so we're gonna hang out for a bit, probably watch some anime.

As part of her b-day gift i've extended my free credit of six dollars on my Vudu account to allow her to pick a movie out of 15,000 titles available at her finger tips. No input or discussion or compromise, whatever the birthday girl wants we will watch...though i will pipe up if she wants to watch one of those damned Men Behind The Sun or Guinea Pig flix lol (anyone familiar with those series will know exactly why). Gotta draw the line somewhere lol.

But anyways, i thought about getting clean shaven and in full suit and tie just so she can see me in a way she's never seen me. Looking the best i can just for her (though i prefer personally how she is, i cannot see her in any sort of formal wear lol).

At Chinese Places...for 20 years i've drunk nothing but Sprite but thinking of changing it, i guess as a symbolic gesture of how my life is heading and changing and for the little things to reflect it. Turning 30 was a turning point for me, not young anymore. Went to a pipe, trying to put a serious effort into French and Spanish, trying to get my life back on track.

She's also gonna look over some of my work, she's a writer too. I am gonna have to warn her it's jumbled...the lil scenes were worked on out of order and none of them are chronologically ordered. Working on that now, set up seperate files to differentiate different scenes with the intention of tweeking them in individual files (some are duplicated as they were worked on and edited in seperate files and i compiled them into one big 110 page file) so i can organize them, fix continuity errors (some were written at different times with different senses of characters situations and plots) and them compile them in the order i want them in (i'm not talented enough to pull a Tarentino). And wehn i'[m finish i'll send it over to her for review.

So excited! :D :D :D Let you know how it turned out!

#1 Kermit, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I hope that you and Psycho Bob have a fabulous time tonight!!!! Wish her a happy birthday (secretly of course) from RN2 :)

3. Kermit

Gold Member

i'm kinda nervous but i wanna give her a birthday kiss

4. xeniadraven

Gold Member

good luck babe, have fun and behave yourself ;-)

5. Meee

Gold Member

If the Chinese place mat says it's your destiny, then it's your destiny. Have a good time.

6. RideNaked2

Gold Member

I don't think that a birthday kiss would be out of line...but JMhO :)

7. Kermit

Gold Member

Well we had a great time, wish i had more one-on-one time with her (in the most innocent sense) cause we went to visit Mark after and ended up staying there a while but it was a lovely time and she's indicated we would meet up in the very near future soon (we're about 30-45 minutes from each other) since she's got more time off than she was having. So there will be time for that. Her mom came up a few times and i said "i hope i get to meet her" and she said i would :).

She has an interesting hobby, she does Slash Fiction....the term i first heard about on here. But i guess this will mean she can help me with the presentation of Saracuse in my novel. Who on the surface seems very predatory and creepy but really is a benign hedonist. What i've got so far is he is very open without filter, but at the same time conducts himself as very refined and educated and articulate without being elitist and dresses the part as a "Wal-Mart Aristocrat" but at the same time very perverse. Trying to get that to be realistically presented.

8. cbrmale

Gold Member

I hope it goes well for you. I almost always write my novels partially out of sequence: I may have an idea in my head that I've just got to get down on paper or I may have alternating points of view, and do these points of view as groups of scenes. Invariably when they get re-assembled you have to tweak it to fit together, because the writer's sense of character can change during the journey. But that's no big deal as long as the basics are there.