Date site suggestions

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by spector, Dec 21, 2015.

1. spector

spector Member

Ok, I've been trying the dating sites on and off for years. I got a couple dates off them years ago, but nothing lately. I've even tried lowering my standards of who I send too and have had almost no luck. The few ladies that write back are either not appealing to me or obviously fakes or not looking for a date. I'm on most of the popular free sites and tried some of the pay ones in the past, but they didn't work either, mostly scams imo. Do you think there is something wrong with my greeting when I first message someone? I usually just say hi, their name and ask how they are doing and sometimes either comment on something in their profile or ask a question. Or is it just me, getting too old or my pics (which I don't tend to take good pics, but then again don't think I look quite my age or as bad as a lot of guys)?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Best date sites; supermarket, park, beach, walking path, laundromat, dance hall, friend of friend homes/parties, bbq, street events, basically anywhere except the ones you mention in your two posts.
    You do however need a prop or angle; for instance in the park or walking path you need your dog or niece/nephew in hand, dirty clothes at the laudromat, shopping cart at the supermarket, get the picture? You need to look natural and non threatening and perfectly normal wherever you may be. Take any and every opportunity to strike up a convo even and especially with mishaps such as accidentally bumping your shopping trolley but then you got 5 seconds of opportunity time so you got to be quick. Smile at everyone and better make it genuine, look happy makes you feel happy attracts people. Do random acts of kindness. Your recipient may not be the one that notices but someone else might and that impression leading on to some other connection event. The list is endless but you need to get out and meet people naturally ;)

lkg4f likes this.
  3. lbushwalker

Gold Member

4. spector

spector Member

Yeah, I heard that about the dogs. Too bad I'm a cat person. btw, I finally did get 1 response from a date site message. I sent out a bunch of them and started just saying hi or how are you instead of saying their name or trying to think of something to say from their profile. But she hasn't replied back to my reply yet. Ibushwalker has some good ideas, but out of those only a couple apply to me. This time of year maybe just the supermarket is about the only time I get out besides work or the gym and I usually go at night. Maybe I'll have to try that meetup site again and try some of those other places in the spring and summer.