Dan savage - ashley madison letters

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sweetlysad, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

2. DayPlay3

Gold Member

"'Im one of those morons who had an Ashley Madison account. But for me, and probably for many others, AM has been a strong antidote to the urge to cheat. Spending some time on AM taught me the following: (1) I'm nothing special—there are millions of other men looking for the same thing, and most of them are younger and better-looking. (2) The women on AM are nothing special—the few who even bother chatting with you are often looking for money, and your wife starts looking damn good by comparison. (3) The whole thing is basically a scam to separate horny middle-aged guys from our wallets."

I find two kind of people visit Sex sites those that understand it's just about having fun and the delusional ones.

3. MariaMaria

Gold Member

I appreciate the letters showing diversity in experiences. Cheating is a polarizing issue & usually only people who feel strongly inclined to share their judgment seem to be the ones commenting on it online. It gets boring to hear people only talking about just "cheaters", when in reality we're all complex beings and have a million different reasons for acting the way we do. We're all also full of contradictions and it's OK; most of us just aren't comfortable with that and morality gives us a nice cushion-y place to stand on.

Sweetlysad likes this.
  4. Barent

Verified Gold Member

Haven't seen Dan Savage around lately, he used to publish his excellent Savage Love advice column in the Village Voice, of NYC, and eventually I believe it became syndicated.

Does anybody know why these hackers targeted Ashley Madison? Are they religious lunatics or something, out to punish the site's owners and their clients who may be sexually active in ways that the hackers happen to disagree with? I can't see any other reason for them to do such a horrendous thing to innocent people who were minding their own business.

If those hackers are ever outed, they'd better watch their backs because there's a lot of very angry people out there.