Damnit!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

Those of you who maintained a semi distant relationship while you or your bf/gf were in college, how often did you see each other?

My girlfriend told me she feels as though when she starts her 2nd year of school at the very very end of August this year, that her and I may be forced to holiday visits only. Her schedule her first semester was very tight and she had very little time to do anything. Well, this year she has to practice about three times more instruments (going to be a music teacher) which requires an assload of time.

This is quite a bummer. :(

For the record, my girlfriend goes to college an hour away. I'd drive cross country to see her for 10 minutes, so the hour drive doesn't bother me a single bit. The problem is HER schedule just flat out doesn't permit us much time. And what time she has it normally pops up out of no where, and she'll normally spend that time relaxing and talking to me on the phone. Unfortunately, I'm JUST far enough away so it'd make it useless to drive up when these brief breaks come up, because by the time I get up there, she's got mandatory practice or a voice lesson. :(

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I know it's frustrating Jayce but that's what being in college is all about. At least that's what it should be all about. :) And sometimes relationships and other considerations need to be sacrificed for the sake of one's GPA. The point is that it's only temporary. Whatever you do, don't make her choose between her studies and you.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah, I know. I know it'll be worlds easier on her if I just bite my lip and tell her "It's okay hunnie, we'll work around it" instead of like "WTF? You don't have a spare hour for me to come up?" :yell

It just sucks KNOWING I'm sitting here with her home from college, we're having a great summer, and in a few weeks it'll be flat out gone for 9 months. :(

4. Chedd

Chedd New Member

Make the most of your time while you have it. You may end up regretting not doing so.

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Chedd's got some good advice, Jayce.

Use your 'separation' time to enhance your own personal life. Do you have hobbies or interests that perhaps you've neglected while trying to see g/f more often? There's always something to be said about a man who has a depth of character, and interesting topics to talk about. Get involved in areas that interest you - - not something that you think your g/f will be impressed with.

The only thing you can be absolutely sure about pertaining to your future is that YOU will be in it. ;) - so capitalize on this extra time by finding out more about yourself, and bettering yourself.