Cutting

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FlirtyChick, Nov 6, 2008.

1. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Are any of you familiar with cutting? If so, what can you tell me about it? PM me if you don't want to answer publicly.

Thanks! :)

2. Rocket Queen

Rocket Queen New Member

What do you want to know? It's hard to answer when the question is so broad.

Why a person does it - generally as a way to release pain - mental or physical / stress / for control etc etc. People feel guilty once they have done it and try to hide that they are cutters. They are not suicidal, but could have mental health issues and will require professional help to get past it.

The self-harm basket is broad (Alcohol/Drug abuse/Bulimia/Anorexia/Cutting/Hair pulling/Skin pricking) and I am sure that many people have dabbled in one or two of them during their life (I know I have) I found that moderation is the key... I know my triggers and I try to ensure that I don't lose control.

I'm happy to answer any question in the public forum, but if you want to PM me you can :D

3. Dreama

Gold Member

Well, when I was a young teen I did it but eventually grew out of it. It helped to relieve stress, but it satisfied my self-delusion that I deserved it. I also did other things to hurt myself, slamming my fingers in doors, scratching myself as hard as I could on my arms and face, etc. I eventually made myself stop, and tried to replace the behavior with writing, as I already loved writing.