Current Events Thread!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Untamed, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

So I was thinking and thought it would be great to make a thread to discuss things going on in the world today or any day for that matter.

We all here seem to be very opinionated.

I know this is a sexual forum but thought I'd like to get to know our members a little more.

2. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Most of you probably don't watch cricket BUT this here is some HUGE news.. I was up till early hours this morning watching this as .. this game is going to have a great impact on New Zealand in the ICC Cricket World Cup.

India elminate Australia in Cricket World Cup 2011

3. acemike

acemike Member

The world is depressing enough. I come here to leave it behind for a little bit. Every time I turn on the news somebody has killed someone, molested a child or stuffed an infant in a washing machine for a wash cycle (this actually happened in Muskogee Oklahoma last year). I never have watched a Cricket game. Is that where they ride the horses and knock the ball around with a stick?

4. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Yep that's life though. There are people out there that a screwed in the head like that...

I think you're referring to Polo. This is a game far different.

You don't have to check out this thread just avoid it if it depresses you :)

5. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Watching the news about Libya, I am not a pro war but there are times I feel some conflicts are "justified", and I believe it took too long to get the allies in Libya to stop things.

6. acemike

acemike Member

Ahh yes, I remember that now. I am fairly limited to college and professional football. College preferably. Pretty narrow minded in that area.

7. backcheck64

Gold Member

Why would you watch a bunch of noisy bugs? LOL

Is there excessive violence in the game, lots of blood, bruises, broken bones?

8. acemike

acemike Member

I think that is Hockey..lol

9. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Same here.. why did they wait so long? were they hoping it would stop on it's own. Or was it wanting to stay ot of it to prevent more countries intervening.. hence starting another World War?

I haven't been following what's going on in Libya too closely as our News has been covering mainly the Japan earthquake/tsunami and New Zealand quake.

10. backcheck64

Gold Member

Exactly.... but there is a hell of a lot of violence in lacrosse. Son started playing it last year, when he isn't playing hockey, and we kept saying " is that legal...that can't be legal...what the hell, that sure as hell can't be legal", it is. LOL He went to the Mizzou lacrosse camp and came home bruised up one side and down the other and turf burned to hell and loved every minute of it.

11. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

It's a great game to play/watch and takes some great hand eye co-ordination to play.

12. backcheck64

Gold Member

Like tipping a puck traveling 95 to 105mph, in the air, past the goalie..while on skates? LOL

Libya is the big new thing here, followed by the nuke disaster in Japan. Charlie fucking Sheen gets more coverage than the earthquake in NZ. Shows you what idiots they are catering to.

13. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Yes while I know that it takes a lot of skill to play ice hockey.. sheesh I can't even stand on the ice without slipping over.. (went to an skating rink for my friends 16th and had to hold on to the side slowly walking a long the whole time :( ) ... that game over here just isn't televised and hasn't made impact on my life. Cricket however I have grown up on .. my brothers played, parents played and in the summer we always played in the backyard.

As for Charlie Sheen .. he's a douche.. thinks he's a king and untouchable. BS

14. backcheck64

Gold Member

I know you guys have hockey, one of our players from a few years ago played on the NZ national team. Hockey is the hardest team sport to play according to Sports Science, also the smelliest. The most I've seen of cricket was on an episode of "Rules of Engagement".

And yes Sheen is a douche, but for some reason they have to cover crap like him and Lindsey Lohan and pieces of shit like that.

15. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Sorry I would much rather watch the noisy bugs. I had one behind my washing machine for about a fortnight. I miss him now he's gone.

The only exciting things about the game of cricket are the occasional streakers or when birds wander across the field.

16. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

We have hockey here which is televised .. but not ice hockey.. just not a huge sport here.. Like Rugby, Rugby league, Netball, Soccer and Cricket lol

LOL I haven't seen Rules of engagement ..

17. Untamed

Verified Gold Member

Noisy bugs are interesting 3 am.. one time my son and I were following around a "cricket" that just would STFU.. it was in the vacuum cleaner pipe and I got him to spray in one end then it slowly creeped out and I threw it outside :p

I find cricket (the sport) interesting to watch when it's family playing.. our international team playing or Australia playing since they're usually top notch.

18. Flame

Flame New Member

I wish I hadn't read that.

19. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

If there is it sounds like my kinda game! :D

20. backcheck64

Gold Member

From what I could find, cricket isn't, I'll have to stick with hockey and lacrosse....with hockey being the end all be all of sports. Love to watch my daughter drop a guy or slash his legs out from under him. My son has decked a few this year too. LOL.

SO looks like reactor #3 is in full breach and free radiation for all. And an earthquake in Myanmar.

It's the end of the world as we know it...I feel fine....