Curious about Tantra

Discussion in 'Sexual Foreplay and Techniques' started by unalteredone, Jul 2, 2008.

1. unalteredone

unalteredone New Member

My boyfriend and I are very curious about tantric sex, and we've done a little web searching for some things to try. I have a hard time relaxing during sex (and...during life, really) and really being in the moment. I'm on this journey to relaxation overall and tantra seems like the way to bring that journey to the bedroom. The first time we tried to synchronize our breathing and had extended eye contact...it was really great.

So do any of you have any book/website/technique recommendations for a young couple trying to "dabble" in tantra?

We both go to school in NJ, so any affordable one day workshops in NYC that you know of would be awesome too.

2. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

The Kama Sutra.

The best Tantra position for beginner that I can think of is called The Lotus. Google exactly how to do it, it's hard to explain. When first dabbling in tantra position is more important than the mental part because your bodies aren't in tune for tantra yet. Work on strengthening your PC muscles so that you can have more control over when and how you orgasm. I wrote a tutorial on the subject here, if you search "Tantric meditation" I'm sure that you will find it.

Your boyfriend should figure out in masturbation how to orgasm without ejaculating, this gives him the possibility of multiple orgasms as well.

3. cbrmale

Gold Member

Meditation is where you need to start, and I suggest that you both learn and master meditation before you go anywhere near a Tantra workshop. I have my doubt about soft Tantra workshops, but give it a go.

I did one-on-one sessions here:

http://www.tantragoddessoz.com/index.html

which worked well for me, but Sydney is a long way. As far as I am aware, no other place in the world teaches Tantra this way, which is similar to the way it used to be taught in the distant past.

4. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

The involuntary orgasm!

I read that there's this technique where the the guy penetrates the girl, and they both keep perfectly still, ... and the penis and the vagina just make love to each other involunarily, like the heart beating! And the orgasm, when it finally does come, is close to atomic!

It's an idea that's always intrigued me!

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

I've never heard of that. I'll have to try it out, I don't know if I have enough control for that though.

6. cbrmale

Gold Member

It's not involuntary, it involves vaginal muscle control. It's been around for thousands of years, for example Tahitian sex was all about teaching women this technique, and it was also practiced in many parts of Africa. Actually it was quite common all over the world.

Tantric is mostly about a V-E-R-Y long build up to orgasm, which makes the orgasm shattering. It's not the position, it's just the control over the progression from plateau to orgasm. Muscle control sex guarantees the a long build-up, but it can be done through other positions with thrusting once a man masters what needs to be mastered.

After Tantric, we call the typical male orgasm a 'genital sneeze' by comparison. It sounds cruel, but it is a good analogy.